VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2.7.x and related WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 420 of 474, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Steins;Gate Steam version:

dgvoodoo.jpg
Filename
dgvoodoo.jpg
File size
58.04 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Something wrong, here's how the title screen should look (DXVK):

dxvk.jpg
Filename
dxvk.jpg
File size
354.51 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

It needs hex edit to change d3d9.dll to v3d9.dll to work with dgVoodoo/DXVK at all.

Edit: never mind, debug log told me the reason: it was out of VRAM. Not something I expected of a 1080p 2D game. And I would have expected it to crash, not do that.

Lanczos upscaling makes the game look marginally better, but it has the double cursor problem.

Reply 421 of 474, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A suggestion: can you add an Integer-ratio uprendering option? (intended for modern games, not retro games; for retro games there is already integer-ratio upscaling)

(This to give users the ability to play games at much higher resolutions than originally designed, but without HUD/UI/menus distortions that often occur when rendering at non-integer ratios.

It's a "golden mean" between uprendering to a display native resolution and upscaling at integer ratios.)

Reply 422 of 474, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
FulValBot wrote on 2021-04-12, 10:16:

A suggestion: can you add an Integer-ratio uprendering option? (intended for modern games, not retro games; for retro games there is already integer-ratio upscaling)

(This to give users the ability to play games at much higher resolutions than originally designed, but without HUD/UI/menus distortions that often occur when rendering at non-integer ratios.

It's a "golden mean" between uprendering to a display native resolution and upscaling at integer ratios.)

That's already there? In the resolution box there are presets for 1/2/3/4x as well as some max ISF options. You can also type in custom values, like 10x if you also want downsampling.

Reply 425 of 474, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have tried to use both options "Resolution" with 2x mode and "Integer Scale factor" with 2 (if i use only one of these i got pixellated graphics, and with Mafia1 i don't want this...), but if i use "Centered, keep Aspect ratio" i got a very large screen (a 1920x1080 resolution for some reason) with an incomplete image and zoomed... with "Stretched, 4:3 Aspect Ratio" it works fine (but is not integer, there are distorsions with that) and with "Centered" mode it works fine but without Aspect Ratio corrected (that's normal)

"Centered, keep Aspect Ratio" need a fix

Reply 426 of 474, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
FulValBot wrote on 2021-04-12, 11:13:

I have tried to use both options "Resolution" with 2x mode and "Integer Scale factor" with 2 (if i use only one of these i got pixellated graphics, and with Mafia1 i don't want this...), but if i use "Centered, keep Aspect ratio" i got a very large screen (a 1920x1080 resolution for some reason) with an incomplete image and zoomed... with "Stretched, 4:3 Aspect Ratio" it works fine, and with "Centered" mode it works fine but without Aspect Ratio corrected (that's normal)

You need to use only the "Resolution" option, you need to set "Integer scale factor" to 1.

If you use both options then you obviously get both, say Mafia is running at 640x480 it will first uprender to 1280x960 than integer scale to 2560x1920, of course that won't fit on a 1920x1080 screen.