VOGONS

First post, by AncientxFreako

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Anyone know if this could be a dgvoodoo issue?
the game is 'MechWarrior3, dgvoodoo manages to run it great on my windows7 machine, but as of last year, right out of the blue after making gameplay videos without a problem I suddenly had an issue where my videos would not record, nor could I do any streaming. I tried several video tools, bandicam and a few others, none of the twitch streaming tools would work, nor could I take screenshots. All I would get was a grey box in the upper left corner of my screen for a recording.
Any ideas?

Reply 2 of 4, by AncientxFreako

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I figured it out. There was a setting in dgvoodoo that would allow videos. For some reason using the ATI video card seletion may have been the thing that solved it, but it worked after a friend helped me tweak all my settings. Then, I later found out about using alt-enter in order to stream. Windows 7 professional with integrated GPU is an odd thing I guess.

Reply 4 of 4, by AncientxFreako

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think the problem was that I was using "Best available" under output api, and switching to Direct3D 11 seemed to fix it, but I also set the vid card to ATI radeon 8500 under directX tab, and that may be because my PC is a refurbished windows 7 with integrated intel HD graphics, so maybe there needed to be video card emulation?
Also, in order to stream video I have to use alt-enter.
Maybe you can make better sense of all that than I can, I had a friend help me with the settings.