VOGONS

dgVodooo 2.7.x and related WIP versions (2)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 60 of 237, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote on 2021-10-13, 17:05:
lowenz wrote on 2021-10-11, 20:12:

Same black screen 😐
Audio is working.

That bug was about 3D rendering, just look at Sam's dress how it's rendered.
The game itself however works fine for me on my Intel UHD 530 + D3D12 (1280x1024). The driver version is 27.20.100.9466, from 2021.03.30.

Will test with shiny new 99.55......for me it's a total black screen since intro videos. D3D11 working fine.

EDIT: no luck with the new drivers

Reply 61 of 237, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I wanted to include some more things into the next version but unfortunately I don't really have time for dgVoodoo these days (for a while, but at least I can clear my mind), so I released what I currently have:
v2.76, which is basically the same as WIP82 with minor changes and a bug fixed (in the new shader code generator):

http://dege.fw.hu/dgVoodoo2/bin/dgVoodoo2_76.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/dgVoodoo2/bin/dgVoodoo2_76_dbg.zip

I'll fix potential regression bugs or ones that can easily be fixed though.

Reply 63 of 237, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lowenz wrote on 2021-10-04, 17:05:

i5 11500 (UHD 750) + B560 ordered today, will see how well Intel Xe(-LP) architecture performs with dgVoodoo2 😁

Coming next week! I'll post some results when the system will be up&running!

EDIT: system is up&running, dgVoodoo2 tests will follow!

Reply 65 of 237, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hmm, nice! UHD 750 is based on the new Xe architecture, right? 😉

Any intention to add an OSD (framerate, frametime graph) in the future?

I'm not planning such things. Aren't third party stuffs like MSI Afterburner, etc. good enough and highly configurable?

Reply 66 of 237, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
FulValBot wrote on 2021-10-21, 09:47:

Can you fix Pain Engine's problems? (bad scaling with all available options: when i open Painkiller i got a normal window of game but with many missing things and with many artifacts)

It should work fine if you run it at native (desktop) resolution.

Reply 67 of 237, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote on 2021-10-29, 11:36:

Hmm, nice! UHD 750 is based on the new Xe architecture, right? 😉

Any intention to add an OSD (framerate, frametime graph) in the future?

I'm not planning such things. Aren't third party stuffs like MSI Afterburner, etc. good enough and highly configurable?

Of course, just asking!

And yes, UHD 750 is Xe-LP based.

Reply 68 of 237, by Squall Leonhart

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This may be impossible to resolve, but DGVoodoo breaks the screenshot facilities of Windower4 when used with FFXI,

PNG type throws a fail to convert in the windower console, and bmp and jpg types fail to be written out - this not not occur without D3D8 in the PlayonlineViewer folder.

Reply 72 of 237, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

UT 2004, UHD 750 connected to the monitor (GeForce Ti 750 in a PCI-Ex slot but NOT connected):
*D3D12: can't start (DX8.1 not installed message, can't even find the GeForce of course with FL 12 selected, but can find it with FL 11)
*D3D11: perfect

With the same configuration Unreal 2 and Pariah CAN start in D3D12

Reply 74 of 237, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote on 2021-11-30, 14:16:
UT 2004, UHD 750 connected to the monitor (GeForce Ti 750 in a PCI-Ex slot but NOT connected): *D3D12: can't start (DX8.1 not in […]
Show full quote

UT 2004, UHD 750 connected to the monitor (GeForce Ti 750 in a PCI-Ex slot but NOT connected):
*D3D12: can't start (DX8.1 not installed message, can't even find the GeForce of course with FL 12 selected, but can find it with FL 11)
*D3D11: perfect

With the same configuration Unreal 2 and Pariah CAN start in D3D12

What if you explicitly set the fullscreen output in the config to the display you want (restricting the available D3D8 devices to that only particular display)?
The symptoms relate strongly to a known problem that I mentioned in the readme (D3D12 section), altough I've already removed it for some reason...:

If you have multiple displays attached to different GPU's (rare case) then you can run into an unexplainable initialization fail with certain games. D3D12 swapchains suffer from more restrictions than D3D11 ones which the current version of dgVoodoo cannot handle well. Enable only one of your video cards (see General options) and it should fix the problem.

Btw, what is Project Cartographer (Halo2)? 😊

Reply 76 of 237, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote on 2021-12-04, 13:45:

What if you explicitly set the fullscreen output in the config to the display you want (restricting the available D3D8 devices to that only particular display)?

Shows the steps, please!

Addendum: D3D12 FL 11 works but D3D12 FL 12 doesn't
Unreal 2, Unreal 2 XMP, Pariah (Community Edition) work flawlessy with D3D12 FL12.....with the same configuration.

Reply 77 of 237, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Steps: select the Intel adapter in 'Adapters to enable/use'.
And then optionally you can select the display you want in the 'Full screen output' list (it also implies adjusting the display settings in the game settings if needed because the 'visible' display layout changed), but this is not important for the D3D12 limitation in question.

I doubt that is the problem, Unreal engine games behaves decently in that regards.
Also, if FL11 works but FL12 not... it's very interesting because it should be all for the same if your card supports FL12. dgVoodoo just feeds the D3D12 runtime with the required minimum level and that selects the highest available higher than the mininum. So, I don't have any idea ATM other than some driver internal tidbit.

Reply 79 of 237, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote on 2021-12-04, 19:02:

Steps: select the Intel adapter in 'Adapters to enable/use'.
And then optionally you can select the display you want in the 'Full screen output' list (it also implies adjusting the display settings in the game settings if needed because the 'visible' display layout changed), but this is not important for the D3D12 limitation in question.

It's already so!

Untitled.jpg