VOGONS

dgVodooo 2.7.x and related WIP versions (2)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 161 of 237, by legion_pheonix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2022-05-21, 15:01:

If it's a 32 bit game then enabling option GeneralExt\EnableGDIHook should solve the double cursor problem.

Yes, the game is 32bit.
When you enable this option EnableGDIHooking = true, the game launches and immediately crashes.

Reply 162 of 237, by Aemony

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2022-05-10, 17:45:
========================== WIP86.1 ========================== - Adding option GeneralExt\PresentationModel (for flip-discard mo […]
Show full quote

==========================
WIP86.1

- Adding option GeneralExt\PresentationModel (for flip-discard modes for D3D11)
- some minor internal bugfixes

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP86_1.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP86_1_dbg.zip

Btw, minor note is that the presentation models are named wrong. There's basically two different methods, "BitBlt" and "Flip", and of these there's two different discard/retain behaviours: "Discard" and "Sequential" (aka not discard the contents of old buffers).

So the proper names would be:
* BitBlt Discard = DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_DISCARD
* BitBlt Sequential = DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_SEQUENTIAL
* Flip Discard = DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_FLIP_DISCARD
* Flip Sequential = DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_FLIP_SEQUENTIAL

Reply 163 of 237, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
legion_pheonix wrote on 2022-05-22, 18:37:
Dege wrote on 2022-05-21, 15:01:

If it's a 32 bit game then enabling option GeneralExt\EnableGDIHook should solve the double cursor problem.

Yes, the game is 32bit.
When you enable this option EnableGDIHooking = true, the game launches and immediately crashes.

I tried this game with the latest dgV version. GDI hooking worked and the double cursor phenomemon was gone.
Try running the game with GDIHook enabled and without running any third party DX11/12 hook (like MSI Afterburner, altough it wasn't a problem for me).

Reply 164 of 237, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Aemony wrote on 2022-05-22, 23:40:
Btw, minor note is that the presentation models are named wrong. There's basically two different methods, "BitBlt" and "Flip", a […]
Show full quote
Dege wrote on 2022-05-10, 17:45:
========================== WIP86.1 ========================== - Adding option GeneralExt\PresentationModel (for flip-discard mo […]
Show full quote

WIP86.1

- Adding option GeneralExt\PresentationModel (for flip-discard modes for D3D11)
- some minor internal bugfixes

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP86_1.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP86_1_dbg.zip

Btw, minor note is that the presentation models are named wrong. There's basically two different methods, "BitBlt" and "Flip", and of these there's two different discard/retain behaviours: "Discard" and "Sequential" (aka not discard the contents of old buffers).

So the proper names would be:
* BitBlt Discard = DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_DISCARD
* BitBlt Sequential = DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_SEQUENTIAL
* Flip Discard = DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_FLIP_DISCARD
* Flip Sequential = DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_FLIP_SEQUENTIAL

Yes, I'll change them to 'discard', 'seq', 'flip_discard' and 'flip_seq' (effectively keeping the last part of the swap effect defines). I don't want to bring in the term 'bitblt' or 'blt' here because DXGI_SWAP_EFFECT_DISCARD is not a blitting effect, even if MS refers to all the legacy effects as the 'bitblt model'. And vice versa, in windowed mode all _SEQUENTIAL effects are bitblt under the hood.

Reply 165 of 237, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I know still there are reported issues to solve, but at this pace the new developments will never be released, so I do it now:

v2.79

- Support for multihead (multimonitor) D3D9 devices (Supreme Commander)
- Fixing/implementing DDraw/D3D9 cooperation for DirectShow movie playback (Robots)
- D3D9 frontend fixes (Painkiller Black with D3D12)
- D3D9 refresh rate validation improvement (Robots)
- Adding option DirectXExt\DisplayOutputEnableMask for enabling individual display outputs
- Adding option GeneralExt\PresentationModel (for "flip" presentation modes for D3D11)
- Removing option DirectXExt\EnableSpecializedShaders
- Fixing a regressive crash (Morbus Gravis)
- Minor general improvements/optimizations and internal bugfixes (Outlast x64 and others)
- Fixing Glide 1.x LFB-lock handling (Mech Warrior 2), but it seems to work only for me (feedbacks are welcome)
- Removing DF16/DF24 depthstencil format support from GeForce virtual cards + fixing DF16/24/INTZ component mapping
- Changing the behavior of clipping transformed/untransformed vertices
- Fixing an incompatibility of updating the clip status in D3D

http://dege.fw.hu/dgVoodoo2/bin/dgVoodoo2_79.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/dgVoodoo2/bin/dgVoodoo2_79_dbg.zip

Since I have no time for this these days, I think I'll be inactive for a while (not that I've been so active recently...). 😐

Reply 169 of 237, by Evilhog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello! I haven't found this issue discussed anywhere, so I decided to post it here.

There's an old bug with dgVoodoo 2 that occurs only with Liquid Entertainment RTS games (namely, "LotR War of the Ring" and "Dragonshard"): some models appear completely black and untextured.
Lfs158b.png

I'm still using Win7, by the way. Here's my dgVoodoo config:
1NYfC0r.png

Reply 172 of 237, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It is, I've already tested, but I thought it was better for him to learn to start with a stock dgVoodoo.conf before reporting problems. If it works with that, start changing options until you figure out what breaks. Then report it, unless it's one of the options that have tooltips specifically saying they break stuff, like phong shading.

Reply 173 of 237, by ECHOTRON

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Feature Request/Check: Steam remote play
I was wondering if they are plans to support Steam remote play, or if it's already supported any tips/documentation to get it to work.
The attached image is just an example, I have other titles that do require dgvoodoo 2 to work and get the same results through Steam Remote Play.

Attachments

• rt3 srp.png
    Filename
    rt3 srp.png
    File size
    12.99 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Railroad Tycoon 3 - Steam Remote Play
    File license
    CC-BY-4.0

Reply 176 of 237, by Aemony

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It's probably more on Valve and Steam than on dgVoodoo, I imagine. Steam Remote Play has known issues with capturing video playback in some games as well, because it tend to work through whatever API/swapchain that the Steam overlay hooks, so when some videos gets played back "above" the hooked swapchain, it won't display anything, as an example.

It's probably something hook related here as well -- and probably something that Valve needs to fix since I believe their overlay ends up hooking the game after dgVoodoo has already done its thing.

Reply 178 of 237, by ECHOTRON

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2022-06-30, 14:02:

TBH I know nothing about steam remote play... Is it something that need dedicated support from the application side? Or is it meant to "just work" with any D3D11/12/whatever game?

It doesn't require dedicated support and therefore Steam can attempt the feature with non Steam games if added to the library manually. Like what lowenz mentioned it just streams the application to a remote machine, and allows input from the remote machine.
The reason I asked if it's already supported is there is a lot of options available to adjust that I don't fully understand whether they would interfere with streaming an application running through dgvodoo 2.
Steam Remote Play Together does somewhat need dedicated support/certified to work but that's a separate feature.

Reply 179 of 237, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks for you all for your replies. So, it's "just" a D3D11 output hook-and-stream. The dgV options only affect the internals of dgV rendering so it shouldn't conflict with the streaming. The D3D11 output itself is a plain swapchain presentation, nothing special.