VOGONS

Regressive bugs - report them here

Topic actions

Reply 41 of 117, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Could you give me a savegame (or a complete profile data) plz? I cannot find that point, if I think it right, it's somewhere in the Canyon part of Geonosis. I also cannot find any other place amongst my savegames where the skybox is so visible.
I already found a bug with SW RepCommando but this should be another one.

Reply 44 of 117, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

(I moved the related posts here because it's a regressive bug)

Ok, thanks, but I found it meanwhile. Indeed. This bug is the same that I also stumbled upon and fixed (flashing textures on environmental objects like rock-walls).
I'll release a WIP with the fixes, till then you can disable 'DirectXExt\EnableSpecializedShaders' with an older version as a workaround solution.

Reply 45 of 117, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dege wrote on 2022-07-12, 12:02:

Thief2 Metal Age? I have a version with a D3D9 renderer but I can't see any difference between 2.77 and 2.79. Do you have the original version (D3D7 or sg like that) of the game?

Yes I am using the D3D7 version of the game on Windows 11. The screenshots show the missing stars in the sky.

v2.05.77
file.php?mode=view&id=141320

v2.05.79
file.php?mode=view&id=141321

Attachments

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 47 of 117, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dege wrote on 2022-07-13, 12:06:

I installed the original version of the game (version 1.07 I think) but the sky texture was there with 2.79. The game could be patched to 1.18 if I got it right but anything else higher is D3D9(?).

I use 1.18 as well, the newer versions are newer engines so they change the architecture.

The stars appeared why the Sky Detail was set to low, it appeared very blurry.

Reply 48 of 117, by Crosshair

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I'm looking for help. The nvidia driver has stopped supporting 32bits for a while, so it seems due to that I can't use my nvidia card for the DGVoodoo 2 to run games like MechWarrior 3, I've been looking for possible solutions and found some Linux users that somehow bypassed that problem... but since I'm a windows user I can't understand what they've done, and now I'm stuck

Reply 49 of 117, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Crosshair wrote on 2022-07-15, 07:53:

Hello, I'm looking for help. The nvidia driver has stopped supporting 32bits for a while, so it seems due to that I can't use my nvidia card for the DGVoodoo 2 to run games like MechWarrior 3, I've been looking for possible solutions and found some Linux users that somehow bypassed that problem... but since I'm a windows user I can't understand what they've done, and now I'm stuck

I am confused, do you mean 32-bit colors? 32-bit color is still the standard and the common norm and is still supported.

Reply 51 of 117, by therealdadbeard

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2022-07-09, 06:15:
therealdadbeard wrote on 2022-07-07, 17:10:

NFS4 now crashes with 2.79 on the track loading screen.

I cannot reproduce it. I tried all types of renderer dlls (Glide, D3D7-9) but it still worked.

No crashes anymore for me in v2.79.1

Reply 54 of 117, by v00d00m4n

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Recent versions of dgv are very slow in Oddworld 1 & 2 (Odyssey and Exodus), both are ddraw, i get like 1 fps during fmvs and menus. Same behavior happens with few other ddraw game, cant remember which few, but seems like cause is the same. So most likely fixing Abe would fix other ddraw games.

I use steam versions of these games:
https://store.steampowered.com/sub/6951/

For now i have to use update CNC DDraw, as is has no such issue, but i has its own issues and i prefer dgv in general, so it would be nice if this slowdown will be fixed.

Update: i just tested this again with most recent DGV
It seems that setting scaling mode from unspecified to any stretched mode or setting any forced resolution causes this slow motion, if you keep uspecified and let game render in native 640x480 res it works fine. So slow down happens when FMV and menu got rendered in upscaled mode.

Reply 56 of 117, by StenApp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

2.79_2 didn't work for Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, it showed no textures.
Could it be a AMD driver problem since i'm having a Radeon Pro 560? How can i test if it's the driver or a dgVoodoo bug?
"Please don't report the most annoying one: D3D11 is broken with AMD drivers as of dgVoodoo 2.55. I'm aware of that and cannot do much about that."

2.51 works fine...

Reply 57 of 117, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
StenApp wrote on 2022-09-02, 22:54:
Hi, […]
Show full quote

Hi,

2.79_2 didn't work for Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, it showed no textures.
Could it be a AMD driver problem since i'm having a Radeon Pro 560? How can i test if it's the driver or a dgVoodoo bug?
"Please don't report the most annoying one: D3D11 is broken with AMD drivers as of dgVoodoo 2.55. I'm aware of that and cannot do much about that."

2.51 works fine...

Try D3D12 renderer

Reply 59 of 117, by chiangl2943

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, my english is not very good, but i try to explain my problem with google translate
The game I play is the old game "TalesWeaver"
I originally used the dgvoodoo2 ddraw.dll version 2.7.3 and could play the game slightly smoother
But when I try to use a newer version of ddraw.ll, like version 2.79.3
My game has black flickering
Is there a way to fix this please?
What information do I need to provide to allow the author to confirm this issue?
Screen demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWppG5TeGD0