VOGONS

First post, by De-M-oN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I wanted to play Road Rash with dgvoodoo, but I have issues with it:

-> Cutscene is rendered in a small 640x480 borderless windowed mode window, instead of native resolution fullscreen
-> When I skip the intromovie, then the safety warning scroller comes, and at this point I have fullscreen and its normal, but as soon as I press spacebar to get to main menu, then I'm stuck with a frozen screen output (last frame of the warning text scroller) while the game itself does run normal, I can use the menu etc, just the screen output is frozen. When I try to start a race in this blind mode, I get screen output again when I'm in a race.

Maybe something can be done about this?

Alt+Enter option and all other options I tried already too, but nothing helps here.

Reply 1 of 2, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is a game which is very sensitive to the game window size, so it only works with default dgv config. I mean, with 'unspecified' scaling mode and no forced resolution.
(You should see a lot of warnings in the debug log coming saying invalid rects are passed into the DD blt methods, that's why screen is not updated.)
I made a quick patch for myself but the mouse still doesn't work in the main menus with non-default config.
Also, I don't know what to say about videos, they aren't rendered for me.