VOGONS

First post, by roshiahito

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would like to include dgvoodoo2 in a Linux game launcher (i hope I still have your blessing, Dege, we discussed it here a while ago dgvoodoo2 terms of use?) as an option, with all the credits of course, but to ease the integration, I want to modify the dgvoodoo2 package.
Usually with these sort of components, Lutris copies the dlls of a particular architecture to the appropriate system folders (syswow64 for 32-bit and system32 for 64-bit) and sets the override in Wine.
However, when it comes to the Glide component, I see that there are 2 variants of Glide3x - Napalm and non-Napalm.
This is an issue because in the current package format, we can only ship and install one 1 type of DLL, and adding support for switching between versions would be a bit troublesome.
So may I ask (and I apologize if this was asked before, I couldn't find much explanation on this), how different are these 2 versions?
Is the Napalm version a superset of regular Glide3x, and thus can be used instead of the regular Glide3x.dll to satisfy both Napalm optimized and non-Napalm optimized applications? Or it's not backwards compatible whatsoever or only partially? If so, will Napalm optimized applications work with the non-Napalm version, or will they error out due to lack of features?
So basically, I want to pick the DLL that fits the role of "one glove fits all" most to avoid complicating the option, and I would really appreciate any advice on that.