VOGONS

First post, by IMeganElisabeth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I’ve been using the fantastic dgVoodoo successfully with the watermarks removed for years, via unchecking the watermark box. Upon trying to remove it to work with Black Mirror, however, it will not be removed. I’ve tried running CPL as administrator, making sure I have different locations it is in (in case for some odd reason it’s trying to read the config from so where else) all set to watermarks off, each config file is set to have watermark to false, when I update and apply a new setting via CPL it is syncing with the config file. I have also even tried adding the config file to be added to Black Mirror specifically as a destination via the dgVoodoo CPL. Would greatly appreciate any other suggestions I can try… thank you so very much in advance!

Reply 1 of 2, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I think you're using dgVoodoo dll's with a newer version configuration file, so they cannot read it, ending up using the default config and that's why watermark is not gone.

You can check where a given dll reads the config from, with the spec-release version, it's logged.

Reply 2 of 2, by IMeganElisabeth

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote on 2022-01-01, 20:24:

I think you're using dgVoodoo dll's with a newer version configuration file, so they cannot read it, ending up using the default config and that's why watermark is not gone.

You can check where a given dll reads the config from, with the spec-release version, it's logged.

Thank you so very much for taking the time! I just went ahead and installed a later version and it works!