VOGONS

Reply 20 of 28, by SparkTR

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just adding to this topic, has anyone tried LoL2 Win95 D3D edition with DGVoodoo2? It seems to crash, but works fine using DXwnd and also works in native Windows 11. It's one of the few old D3D games I've played that works better without any wrappers/DLLs, for a 1998 game I find that crazy.

This is with the 1.30 patch.

Reply 21 of 28, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SparkTR wrote on 2022-08-23, 09:25:

Just adding to this topic, has anyone tried LoL2 Win95 D3D edition with DGVoodoo2? It seems to crash, but works fine using DXwnd and also works in native Windows 11. It's one of the few old D3D games I've played that works better without any wrappers/DLLs, for a 1998 game I find that crazy.

I have tried with dgvoodoo2 and it doesn't crash. there are problems but not crash on my PC.

Reply 22 of 28, by SparkTR

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
willow wrote on 2022-08-23, 20:44:

I have tried with dgvoodoo2 and it doesn't crash. there are problems but not crash on my PC.

Ignore my comment, DGvoodoo also works for me. I copies in the wrong dll files haha. Is the D3D version much worse than the 3dfx version? It runs much nicer compared to 3dFX in dosbox.

Reply 23 of 28, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
SparkTR wrote on 2022-08-24, 06:13:
willow wrote on 2022-08-23, 20:44:

Ignore my comment, DGvoodoo also works for me. I copies in the wrong dll files haha. Is the D3D version much worse than the 3dfx version? It runs much nicer compared to 3dFX in dosbox.

The Direct3D version has aspect ratio issues and rendering glitches. It's not great, but it's playable.

Reply 27 of 28, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No, I didn't work on this. But anyway, only the mouse fps problem could be solved, the cursor flashing couldn't.
Last time I looked at it I came to the conclusion that the game exe should be patched somehow.

Reply 28 of 28, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote on 2023-11-28, 18:47:

No, I didn't work on this. But anyway, only the mouse fps problem could be solved, the cursor flashing couldn't.
Last time I looked at it I came to the conclusion that the game exe should be patched somehow.

If you can fix the mouse fps problem, it will already be much better than nothing