VOGONS

First post, by LopIn6TU

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried Command & Conquer: Generals with dgVoodoo, and it's generally alright, but the game doesn't survive alt-tabbing and crashes to desktop. There are a couple of points I have to mention about running this game without dgVoodoo:
1-By opening the game, it crashes after alt-tabbing once.
2-By enabling windows compatibility options, the game crashes after the second alt-tab(the first time is always ok).

There is some possible workaround for this issue without dgVoodoo, although it still doesn't survive alt-tabbing using it:
1-The game runs ok under "800x600" and "1024x768" resolutions.
2-The game is ok while running it in borderless windowed mode.

I attached logs during a normal close(pressing the exit button) and after a crash.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 2, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can try disabling option DirectX\DisableAltEnterToToggleScreenMode.
In that case, dgVoodoo does not put the DX device into lost state and does not minimize the window so the game might survive.
But, if the game looks for losing the focus and "get confused", then it unfortunately won't help.

Reply 2 of 2, by LopIn6TU

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2022-06-12, 17:17:

You can try disabling option DirectX\DisableAltEnterToToggleScreenMode.
In that case, dgVoodoo does not put the DX device into lost state and does not minimize the window so the game might survive.
But, if the game looks for losing the focus and "get confused", then it unfortunately won't help.

Thanks for the suggestion. unfortunately, it didn't work. I attached a new log with tracing option disabled. This time I tried 1024x768 resolution(which is ok through normal directx)
and I noticed some strange message lines , any ideas? :
clientcore\windows\dwm\dwmapi\composition.cpp(541)\dwmapi.dll!6B4FB304: (caller: 74277ABD) ReturnHr(1) tid(2acc) 80070057 The parameter is incorrect.
onecoreuap\windows\directx\dxg\common\proxywindow\proxywindow.cpp(32)\DXGI.DLL!74277ACB: (caller: 742BD166) LogHr(1) tid(2acc) 80070057 The parameter is incorrect.

Edit: Changing the resolution doesn't affect this crash.

Attachments