VOGONS

First post, by rml_br

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Trying with 3DMark 05, DgVooDoo version 2.79.2.
I got the MS\x86 files and put inside the C:\Program Files (x86)\Futuremark\3DMark05 folder.
Running OK without the custom DLLs.

Tried to find something in the forum but cannot find about the 2005 version (only 99/2001 versions).

Attachments

• 3dMark05.png
    Filename
    3dMark05.png
    File size
    56.59 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 3 of 8, by rml_br

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Tried 3DMark 11 too.
This is the first that has a native x64 version, so tried both modes with the respective DLLs.
Both cases the process start, but no graphical interface or icon (seems like it open like a service, running on background).
When i delete the custom DLLs, the 3dMark opened OK.

Reply 4 of 8, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's weird. I have 3DMark 06 but I can only run it with the -nosysteminfo command line flag, otherwise I get an error (natively too) at startup.
Also, I have to disable option 'Disable Alt-Enter...' or the rendering just stalls at the beginning (the app manipulates the window properties or sg like that).
Other than that, it works fine for me.

Reply 5 of 8, by rml_br

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2022-08-28, 19:41:

It's weird. I have 3DMark 06 but I can only run it with the -nosysteminfo command line flag, otherwise I get an error (natively too) at startup.
Also, I have to disable option 'Disable Alt-Enter...' or the rendering just stalls at the beginning (the app manipulates the window properties or sg like that).
Other than that, it works fine for me.

With default settings (and default installation) everything rans OK, i can ran the 05, 06, Vantage and 11 without problems, Windows 11, Intel Xe with latest graphics driver.
I think that this problem with "System Info" could be solved if you install the latest ones, like Vantage and/or 11, maybe it updates the System Info settings and make it ran with the 06.
All the legacy benchmarks could be downloaded for free (Pro Versions) at https://benchmarks.ul.com/legacy-benchmarks

Just to explain better:
3DMark 06 i just pickup the default installation (that rans OK, without any flag or config, give benchmarks and send it to 3dMark site too) and put the Directx dlls from dgvoodoo on the main folder. The 3DMark 06 starts OK, but like i said, the benchmark rans half of the screen (i con't know how it's called, but is a "half full screen", as the benchmark rans at 1280 × 1024 and the screen is 1920x1080). When running with all default (without dgvoodoo) the 3DMark ran full screen / stretchered.

Reply 6 of 8, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Indeed, installing Vantage (altough that demo is for DX10) solved the systeminfo-problem (I guess reinstalling 3DMark 06 would have done it too).
I also installed 3DMark 05 and I could reproduce D3DERR_INVALIDCALL and fixed it.