VOGONS

First post, by gambit420

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

We have been using a very old DOS estimating program. The computer finally died. I have all of the disks and files. I'm able to get them running in DOSBOX with no problems. Have a few identical DOS computers that still work fine. When I open this program in real DOS I get the main menu with messed up numbers. Seems to work, but visually is all screwed up. I've freshly reinstalled DOS (5 and 6.22) along with the software. Different computers. No luck, but the same exact files will open. function, and look fine in DOSBOX on default settings. What am I doing wrong?

Screenshots attached!

Attachments

Reply 1 of 2, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just a guess, but maybe your application requires ansi.sys or an equivalent to be loaded . Dosbox includes that functionality out of the box if I am not mistaken even though Dosbox is not suited to running anything other than games .

Reply 2 of 2, by gambit420

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
darry wrote:

Just a guess, but maybe your application requires ansi.sys or an equivalent to be loaded . Dosbox includes that functionality out of the box if I am not mistaken even though Dosbox is not suited to running anything other than games .

Loading ansi.sys in the config.sys file fixed everything. YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!!!!!!