VOGONS

Nascar Racing 2 - DOS Glide

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 31, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

ehy ehy ehy wait. Where I have to write this line???

I don't find the .cfg where to put this in.

Computer lover since 1992.
Love retro-computing, retro-gaming, high-end systems and all about computer-tech.
Love beer, too.

Reply 21 of 31, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I tried to put this line in the .bat nas3dfx.bat file but after the 3dfx logo it remains black screen.

Love retro-computing, retro-gaming, high-end systems and all about computer-tech.
Love beer, too.

Reply 22 of 31, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Set is the DOS internal command.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 23 of 31, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Gamecollector wrote:

Set is the DOS internal command.

I'm not sure to understand.

Love beer, too.

Reply 24 of 31, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
biessea wrote:

I tried to put this line in the .bat nas3dfx.bat file but after the 3dfx logo it remains black screen.

Did you remove the quotes? That line is supposed to disable the 3dfx logo splash screen.

Reply 25 of 31, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
filipetolhuizen wrote:
biessea wrote:

Did you remove the quotes? That line is supposed to disable the 3dfx logo splash screen.

Yes, I put it on the nas3dfx.bat fil but nothing works.

I am trying to understand if the problem is the glide2x.ovl file and I am think to try different version of this file, but I don't know really how to pick.

How can my 3dfx games work? Please I want to make these games works in DOS with my Voodoo Banshee!

Love beer, too.

Reply 26 of 31, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's so frustrating. Someone of you have made Nascar Racing 2 works on DOS 7.10 or Windows 98Se with a Voodoo Banshee?

I have downloaded the 3dfx patch but from DOS 7.10 I cannot install it (nor I have another system with DOS 6.2), cause probably is a Windows patch.
When I installed it from Windows 98Se and I run the nas3dfx.exe file the logo of 3dfx appear, but after that the monitor remain black.

I move the glide2x.ovl in the root nascar2 directory but this change nothing.

How can I make this game run???

Love beer, too.

Reply 27 of 31, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok I'v did it. I made a really complicate system to do but at the end I succeeded.

In my system I have two hard disks: the first one has installed DOS 6.2 and STOP.

The second one have Windows98SE and DOS 7.1

So, the 3dfx patch install only through Windows unfortunately, so I tried to connect only the second hard disk, but after patched, the game doesn't go over the 3dfx logo. the monitor remain black. In DOS mode 7.1 and in Windows 98SE too.

So an idea came in my mind. Probably this games refuses to work in DOS 7.1 environment cause It's too old for that, and some system files can't perhaps be different or made some conflicts. (I precise that the normal version without 3dfx patch works correctly.

So I take a diskette and goes in the Nascar2 directory after applied the 3dfx patch. I copied various files created with the patch and put in one diskette through ARJ.EXE program.

With this diskette I started the system with the first one hard disk where DOS 6.2 is installed. Then I took the diskette and after decompatted all the files I put them in the Nascar 2 directory.

With my surprise and happiness now the game starts and the glide textures appeared! FINALLY!

It was extreme I know, but sometimes there are patches that work only in a Windows system, and this ruined all the work.

Love beer, too.

Reply 28 of 31, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Note that this forum is for DOS games on *modern* systems. You should ask old hardware and driver/configuration questions in Marvin, the Paranoid Android

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 29 of 31, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
collector wrote on 2020-03-30, 18:23:

Note that this forum is for DOS games on *modern* systems. You should ask old hardware and driver/configuration questions in Marvin, the Paranoid Android

I'm sorry, someone can move the solution in that part of the forum so. I think it can be helpful for othere people that want to run this great game with glide in DOS System. (I think Windows 95 and DOS 6.2 is necessary, the problem could be DOS 7.1).

Love beer, too.

Reply 31 of 31, by biessea

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

At the end I managed to succeed make Nascar 2 working in Glide mode with my Banshee.
Just put the correct glide2x.ovl in the main directory of the game and with the Nascar2 3dfx patch installed all works!

Love beer, too.