VOGONS

First post, by Shadic95

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I play my games on a windows 98 computer, and don't usually have any problems when it comes to running games. In the case of croc however, there is an issue. The game play's fine with my voodoo 2, but the cd audio will not play what so ever. The weird thing, is that when playing on my windows 7 computer, the cd audio play's back, as it should, and yes, it is from the cd, not the music patch. I was wondering if there was any way to fix this issue. Thank you for any help you might provide!

Reply 2 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There's some rambling about Croc 2 at http://punkrockhacker.blogspot.ca/2014_06_01_archive.html that may be applicable here.

Do other audio CDs play properly? Do you have more than one optical drive? Are you running Daemon Tools?

Reply 4 of 5, by Asomodai

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Shadic95 wrote:

Physical disc, and audio cd's work no problem. I can play the music in media player, but it does not play in game.

Make sure you have a cable running from your CD player to your Sound card. It could be that your media player/soundcard is set to decode audio digitally rather then analogue. Whilst the media player might play digitally, the games audio engine may be expecting an analogue signal.

Reply 5 of 5, by coldscientist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have faced the same issue, but for me, it was happening at a Windows 7 with the MDS/MDF file mounted to a virtual drive (remember that the ISO file do not contains the Audio CD tracks that Croc 1 uses to play the sound at the Main Menu and stages) - the Alcohol 52% shows that the Audio CD tracks was recognized but it still wasn't playing. The solution for me was applying the sound patch available at the PCGamingWiki page of the Croc 1 - the main advantage is that the sound works without mounting/inserting the CD. The sound started working but was a little pitched, so I change the compatibility mode of "croc.exe" (I am running it at Software rendering mode) to "Windows XP SP2" and the audio started to play just fine.