VOGONS

First post, by EdmondDantes

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Okay, so...

I know there's a special patch/installer/something that will add the PS1 music to the PC version of Tomb Raider.

However, this patch seems like its meant to be used on modern OSes. I want to run the game in Windows 98SE on a comp with a Voodoo 3 graphics card (yes its a DOS game, but running it from Windows prevents certain lock-ups when using the 3D acceleration).

So is there a way to get the PS1 music on a Win98 machine or am I SOL?

Reply 1 of 5, by buckeye

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Check out this site: http://www.glidos.net/

It helped me get TR1 running on my XP rig w/o dosbox. A lot of different stuff there that may be of use for Win98 also.

Asus P5N-E Intel Core 2 Duo 3.33ghz. 4GB DDR2 Geforce 470 1GB SB X-Fi Titanium 650W XP SP3
Intel SE440BX P3 450 256MB 80GB SSD Radeon 7200 64mb SB 32pnp 350W 98SE
MSI x570 Gaming Pro Carbon Ryzen 3700x 32GB DDR4 Zotac RTX 3070 8GB WD Black 1TB 850W

Reply 3 of 5, by EdmondDantes

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I know about GliDOS, but the page itself indicates you need a "modern" computer and that a Glide wrapper is built-in, which I know from experience will screw things up (I can't play the GOG versin of the FPS Sin because it forces the use of a Glide wrapper).

Unfortunately I couldn't find a link on that site to contact the author directly and question him, which would be the easiest way to figure this out.

Reply 4 of 5, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Get a CD drive with audio control buttons on the front panel and use it to play the audio tracks from the PS1 disc in-game. Might sound stupid, but that's really the easiest way. You may want to burn your own audio disc, however, as there are also talkie tracks.

GliDOS is afaik the patch that you are talking about and it's the only one.

Reply 5 of 5, by tannerstevo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
EdmondDantes wrote:

Unfortunately I couldn't find a link on that site to contact the author directly and question him, which would be the easiest way to figure this out.

Paul is a member of this forum, perhaps open a thread on the Glidos sub-forum, or send him a P.M?