VOGONS

Reply 40 of 44, by detritus olentus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I prefer ME because I'm not a big DOS gamer and with kernelex the Microsoft Office compatibility pack will install but only works for Word documents but its something!

gWSJi23.png
https://archive.org/details/@detritus_olentus
Philly Burbs.

Reply 41 of 44, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Another Me preference does come in a bit when i'm a little nostalgic for that Y2K high end experience suffering with PCI sound and nVidia hardware though... I did go back to Win98SE later that 2001 as I did miss DOS gaming already, but Live's dos drivers didn't quite satisfy that much anyway

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 42 of 44, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

When I used ME I found it quite stable but never used it on a main setup. My go to was the original Windows 98 I customised it to look like w2k and added usb support, Had very little issues with it. It acted as a family gateway for a number of other systems. Still have it but not used it for quite a while.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 43 of 44, by Fusion

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Who knew this thread would be so popular? 🤣

Good discussion. Maybe someone might give the old girl try again. 😘

Pentium III @ 1.28Ghz - Intel SE440xBX-2 - 384MB PC100 - ATi Radeon DDR 64MB @ 200/186 - SB Live! 5.1 - Windows ME

Reply 44 of 44, by i386x64

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Half-Saint wrote:

Nah, avoided ME like the plague! It had a really bad reputation back then 😀

I did the same. When I saw someone who had it on like a PIII with 700 MHZ or maybe 800 MHZ I loved it. But buying the upgrade and upgrading my Compaq Presario AMD K62 350 Mhz it crashed allot and then after a reboot or just a startup the Desktop would be white and I would have to run active desktop recovery or something.