VOGONS

Show us your IBM Compatible PC games collection

Topic actions

Reply 100 of 103, by Law212

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I had some recent pickups including Earthwom Jim, and Peter Jackson's King Kong which i had no idea came out for PC in a big box. I tried to play it last night by for some reason my XP machine is having issues for the first time ever.

Reply 101 of 103, by aha2940

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Law212 wrote on 2021-08-09, 13:59:

I had some recent pickups including Earthwom Jim, and Peter Jackson's King Kong which i had no idea came out for PC in a big box. I tried to play it last night by for some reason my XP machine is having issues for the first time ever.

If you installed King Kong in your PC, maybe that's the root of the problems? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-wyIalhdPU

Reply 102 of 103, by Law212

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
aha2940 wrote on 2021-08-09, 21:16:
Law212 wrote on 2021-08-09, 13:59:

If you installed King Kong in your PC, maybe that's the root of the problems? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-wyIalhdPU

No , that wasnt the issue. FOr some reason, my display drivers were uninstalled... No idea why. I reinstalled them and most stuff works . The only game not working seems to be Stubbs the Zombie. Starts up but crashes or even laods the game but missing somegraphics like my character model. Though previously it wouldnt even start up so this is a start in the right direction.

Reply 103 of 103, by Law212

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Some Thrift store retro PC game pickups from the past week

CPVKswC.jpg

I have Beach Head 2002 in big box, but I had to have this small box when I saw it. The cashier even gave it to me for free since the disc was missing.

EyGKJlj.jpg

Shivers Two is sealed and I nearly passed on the card making software but it is from Sierra so i grabbed it.

jddQaCq.jpg

qgQUirM.jpg

The CEs had everything and all but the game cds were sealed.

SGkLKJf.jpg

A couple lucas arts games in with the boardgames at value village.