VOGONS

First post, by terrornoize

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A strange thing happens to me with syndicate (1993).
I have a pentium 90 and a sb 16 (220 / d1 / irq5). If you start it with the synd.bat you can hear both the music and the audio effects of the menu, but as soon as I start the mission it crashes and I have to restart my computer.

If you start it directly with the main.exe you only hear the music and the missions start regularly.

How can I re-enjoy this game with fx?

Reply 4 of 6, by treeman

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had the same problem on a p133 with 64mb ram, I can't remember exactly how I fixed it but it was sound card/driver related I remember I had to changed the irq and dma settings alot. eventually I found the right dos utility/driver to set irq 7 for me then edit synd.bat to use irq 7 and it works

Using the set blaster line in autoexec.bat wasn't fully working for syndicate however it worked for doom.

Have a look for your sound card dos drivers/utilities

Reply 5 of 6, by foil_fresh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

disabling motherboard resources like unused com ports or usb can free up resources in case it's some sort of conflict

i once fixed inconsistent audio in some games by moving the card to a new slot so you could try that too

Reply 6 of 6, by foil_fresh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
terrornoize wrote:

I have 16mb of ram.

@foil_fresh, there is no option to choose just one or the other.

and it's worked fine for me with 128mb ram and another computer with 512 so dont worry about that bit