VOGONS

First post, by mhdbox385

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone know where can I download phil's dos benchmark pack versions 1.2, 1.1 and 1.0 ?

Only version 1.4 (latest) can be found on his site.

(Maybe someone has a copy somewhere?)

Reply 2 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Mabye the person who created it has it? If not have you tried the wayback machine?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 6, by mhdbox385

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have trying to contact Phil for months, he doesn't respond, I don't know why. I tried wayback machine, no success. I has the page with a download link for version 1.0, but the download doesn't work. Apparently it did not backup the download.

Reply 4 of 6, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I was able to find a download for version 1.0. I will upload it to my google drive once I get home. I'll look for the other old versions as well and upload them if I find them.

So 1.1 and 1.2 were made in between October 9, 2016 and January 21, 2017 because 1.4 was already on the wayback machine as of January 21, 2017.

Edit:
1.0 can be gotten from my Google drive now:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Oqou5H55t70 … WiP7KQUV-vNhADI

Found 1.0 on some random sketchy file sharing site.. so not putting the link here.

Found what Phil called

DOS Benchmark Archive V1.1

here: (don't think this is actually his DOS Benchmark Package v1.1 as it is from 2014)
VOGONS Benchmark archive?

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 6 of 6, by mhdbox385

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Now for why I need this, have a 386dx-25 to benchmark. I wanted to benchmark wolf3d as well.

Based on my search I found 4 programs: Fabien Sanglard's (fabien), Ekb's (Russian guy), the one on thandor website, and Phil's.

Fabien's wolf3d bechmark seem to fail to work properly on some pc's, the one on thandor yields incoreect results, and it turns out that phil uses Ekb's.

So, Ekb's wolf 3d bench is the way to go, most trustable.

Can you recommend anything else ?