VOGONS

First post, by Lylat1an

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My family's first computer was a Tandy, I don't recall the model but it was IBM-compatible and ran DOS. (Probably a 1000-series)

I'm trying to find a program we had which explained how computers work with visuals.

If I remember right the CPU, RAM, and drive(s) were different colors and would blink when selected. I could be wrong though, this was almost 3 decades ago.

It may have also contained a slide puzzle game showing a sailboat when completed.

Reply 1 of 2, by Standard Def Steve

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I had a shareware program called "What's In That Box?" that did something very similar. Don't remember it having a puzzle game though. It's very possible that the 10 year old me got bored and switched to Wing Commander before completing the "boring" edutainment software. 😜

94 MHz NEC VR4300 | SGI Reality CoPro | 8MB RDRAM | Each game gets its own SSD - nooice!

Reply 2 of 2, by Lylat1an

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Standard Def Steve wrote on 2020-03-27, 16:06:

I had a shareware program called "What's In That Box?" that did something very similar. Don't remember it having a puzzle game though. It's very possible that the 10 year old me got bored and switched to Wing Commander before completing the "boring" edutainment software. 😜

It's very possible that the puzzle was a separate program, the details are fuzzy.

I found 'What's In That Box' on Archive.org, and it's not what I remember. Thanks though.