VOGONS

First post, by Thallanor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

As the subject line indicates, there is a specific air hockey game that I have been looking for for years. I believe it was for Windows, possibly as early as Windows 3.11.

The graphics were, as expected, incredibly simple The real standout thing about the game is the audio it would play when you would score or get scored against by the computer. I remember things like, when you scored against the computer, you'd hear, "I'm so good at this f*ckin' game!" and when you'd get scored against, you'd hear a sad, "Oh no, where am I going?" It was so hilarious, and a friend and I used to play it decades ago, and neither of us can remember the name of it. 😀

If anyone knows the game I'm talking about, that'd be great!

Reply 2 of 4, by Thallanor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote on 2020-09-11, 02:07:

WSLAM/Slam!'s usually the go-to Win3x air hockey, but i've never heard of this profane version haha. now I'M curious.

It was such a goofy game. It was great! 😀 I've done digging on again, off again over the years. I've dug through almost every air hockey game from various archives, but nothing. The DOS ones, I could test on archive.org, etc. but Windows ones become much more of a task, since you have to download each one. And because it was for Windows 3.11, it generally won't work on 64-bit Windows 10.

Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about and in the meantime, I'll keep digging. 😀

Reply 4 of 4, by Thallanor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote on 2020-09-11, 03:14:

Installing WineVDM should ease some of the quick Win16 testing difficulties (most of them are usually VBRUN*00.DLL at worst)

That is fair! Honestly, while I've got the physical hardware for "actual" use, I've been meaning for _ages_ to setup a VM for each major release of Windows, and setup a central share for things like this that all point to, just for rapid testing. I procrastinate though. A lot.