VOGONS

First post, by Bumrusher89

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Users just a curious topic I would like to mention here. I am trying to figure on how I can get Windows 3.1 DOS emulation/Virtual x86 mode to use CPUSPD with both the the CPU internal cache enabled and disabled.

I found a way how to run a DOS program on with out any problems on Windows 3.1x. And I found a way by asking about the software of this post I made. Re: I have questions about CPUspd

And what Falcosoft suggested me to do is to type this into a .bat file.

@echo off

rem disabling cache
c:\cpuspd\cpuspd.exe cd

rem running program
c:
cd c:\myprg1
myprg1.exe

rem re-enabling cache
c:\cpuspd\cpuspd.exe ce

Well it works fine on whatever program you use. But I am wondering if there is any program or API deep inside Windows 3.1 that activates when you click on a DOS application to use... And I can use that .BAT file idea I got from Falcosoft on Windows 3.1's DOS app grabber program... And that way I can make my own automatic way of cpuspd disabling the CPU internal cache when starting a DOS session and back to enabling it when exiting DOS session. If you know anything about the program that Windows 3.1 uses that starts up DOS sessions by just clicking on a random DOS app that I can make a BAT file out off, Please let me know, or if this doesn't work I would like to know another solution how this would work. Please I am trying to find some ways.

Thank you...