svfn wrote on 2021-09-08, 11:40:
Check your GPU's control panel, I changed vsync options in the 3dfx control panel, depending on what card you use, may not have […]
Check your GPU's control panel, I changed vsync options in the 3dfx control panel, depending on what card you use, may not have that option.
Since you are using a 3dfx installation and 3dfxff patch, I am assuming you are using a 3dfx card. Does podx3dfx.exe run?
What CD did you use to install, POD Gold or retail version? the retail version requires additional patching, see step 5 of retail section.
I have found another 3dfx_gsff patch, this one includes the game service updates instead of just forcefeedback, UsePatch.exe to patch the game. 1997_3dfx_gsff_3dfx_gs.bin.zip
Con 2 botones wrote on 2021-09-08, 04:33:
Hello again @svfn
I pasted the content of the file "3dfxff.zip"you indicated inside the folder where the game is installed and […]
Hello again @svfn
I pasted the content of the file "3dfxff.zip"you indicated inside the folder where the game is installed and then launched "Wpod3fx". At least the game now launches!...but right after the intro it crashes with the following error message: "One of the library files needed to run this application cannot be found".
Sounds like missing dlls...
I could not find your the error message from this post: Re: POD doesn't allow me to install the 3Dfx version Maybe DirectX update needed? needs at least DirectX 3.
- I am using latest reference drivers for Voodoo2, there´s no vsync option in the Voodoo control panel, that´s why I asked where to set it (but I guess it can´t be that relevant in terms of making the game launch or not).
- "podx3dfx.exe" does execute, yes, but it happens the same as when "Wpod3fx" is executed (game starts, plays intro and then you receive the mentioned error message).
- DirectX is 7.0a
- I am using POD Gold (same installation media I´ve always used. With Pentium II and III, this same POD version, there is no issues at all, the game just launches and plays correctly.
- I went with the "full install MMX and 3DFX". Also tried the option without MMX, just in case. Same results
- Hardware specs: Compaq Presario 7476 (VIA MVP4 chipset, k6-2 533mhz, 128MB RAM, TnT2 M64 (PCI) + Voodoo2 8MB
I´m at work now, will check the other patch you mentioned, "3dfx_gsff", when I arrive home.
I would not mind making it work with the TnT2 M64 if the 3DFX option continues refusing to cooperate. So if am still unlucky with this other patch you mentioned, then I guess I could try going the D3D route with "d3d5ff-1.zip"
By the way, you are awesome! Thanks again!