VOGONS

First post, by solraeck

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
eL_PuSHeR wrote on 2004-02-16, 16:25:

PM has been disabled. Besides, it wouldn't be a good thing swapping things here. Write me at el_pusher@hotmail.com and i will see what i can do. Put Bubble Bobble or something like that on message subject.

Hi el_PuSHer, I'm trying to run Bubble Bobble in any of my 2 PCs without success. I downloaded several different versions and I'm experiencing troubles anywhere.

CASE 1:
My main goal is to be able to run it on a 386 with Hercules Graphics Adapter (using SIMCGA emulators). I do have a SMICGA which is able to launch the game but it will start running like really fast and all of the sudden will go totally slow, almost freezing.

CASE 2:
I tried to run it on a 486 with VGA + Sound Blaster and sprites and texts will be corrupted and level would often go buggy.

Is it okay if I email you showing you the versions that I'm using and you can provide me any leads on what to do?
I've tried everything but cannot seem to have a playable version of the game in any of the above mention hardwares.

Cyrix 80486DX 80Mhz, 32mb RAM, 1024kb Trident VGA, Sound Blaster 16, 4GB HDD, 3 1/2 floppy disk drive + Creative CD-ROM drive unit.
Intel 80386 DX 40Mhz, 8MB RAM, Trident VGA 256kb, Sound Blaster 16 CT 2950, 525MB HDD, 3 1/2 floppy, 52x CD-ROM .

Reply 1 of 2, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
solraeck wrote on 2021-09-03, 15:14:

Hi el_PuSHer, I'm trying to run Bubble Bobble in any of my 2 PCs without success. I downloaded several different versions and I'm experiencing troubles anywhere.

CASE 1:
My main goal is to be able to run it on a 386 with Hercules Graphics Adapter (using SIMCGA emulators). I do have a SMICGA which is able to launch the game but it will start running like really fast and all of the sudden will go totally slow, almost freezing.

Check this thread for tips with that one Best CGA & Hercules monochrome games

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.