VOGONS

First post, by JustRob

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't understand the issue here. I'm trying to play Worms on a Windows 98 PC in pure Dos mode. My sound card is a Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold. And it works beautifully with every other Dos game. I set it up with CTCM, CTCU, AWEUtil, Mixerset. Works fine in Jazz Jackrabbit, Duke 3D, Doom, etc. But not Worms for some reason.

The three FMVs that play at the start of this game have perfect working sound and music. But the game itself won't play music at all, just sound effects. There's no configuration utility for this game that I can see, so I don't know what to do here.

Reply 1 of 2, by Sombrero

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
JustRob wrote on 2022-01-22, 18:36:

I don't understand the issue here. I'm trying to play Worms on a Windows 98 PC in pure Dos mode. My sound card is a Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold. And it works beautifully with every other Dos game. I set it up with CTCM, CTCU, AWEUtil, Mixerset. Works fine in Jazz Jackrabbit, Duke 3D, Doom, etc. But not Worms for some reason.

The three FMVs that play at the start of this game have perfect working sound and music. But the game itself won't play music at all, just sound effects. There's no configuration utility for this game that I can see, so I don't know what to do here.

You got an analog audio cable connecting your cd drive to the sound card? The in game music in the original Worms is CDDA, haven't played the United version but I assume it's the same there.