VOGONS

First post, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I am trying to check the FPS in a game which uses GDI first and then DirectDraw to render. What tool should be able to give the measurement of the FPS at which the game is running?

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 4 of 12, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Robertkopp wrote on 2022-04-13, 19:50:

Which game is it? Maybe there is a hidden counter in the game or we can hack one into it.

Monster Truck Madness and MechWarrior 2

Reply 6 of 12, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Robertkopp wrote on 2022-04-14, 16:26:

Ok for MTM just type FRAME while playing (IGN cheat list). MW2 is Ctrl-Alt-Shift-FR , have not found much else.

Which is the FR button?

Reply 7 of 12, by Robertkopp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think they mean F and then R. Sorry I have no gpu in my Win98 PC at the moment, I would have checked that out otherwise.
The combinations Sounds awkward I know. I did not know that you could press all modifiers at once on a Keyboard matrix.

pc.png
archiveorg.png
https://archive.org/details/@robertkopp

Reply 8 of 12, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Robertkopp wrote on 2022-04-15, 19:26:

I think they mean F and then R. Sorry I have no gpu in my Win98 PC at the moment, I would have checked that out otherwise.
The combinations Sounds awkward I know. I did not know that you could press all modifiers at once on a Keyboard matrix.

I tried Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F+R but it didn't work. Where did you get it?

Reply 10 of 12, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Robertkopp wrote on 2022-04-16, 09:58:

This seems to be the frame rate for QEMU. In general there seems to be no frame viewer for MechWarrior 2 directly.

Reply 12 of 12, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The cheat is for Mercenaries expansion, but I actually needed for the base game. If there's none for the base game, no problems, I will take out what I need from Mercenaries, the FPS measure for the base game.