VOGONS

First post, by .legaCy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So i finally found and acquired the mythical game of my childhood(it was a game that i remember played but it was the one that i forgot the name due to childhood amnesia), so far i tried in 2 systems
1st system was my pentium 3 with a sb live, the game ran too quick, so i took out my socket 7 time machine, disabled the cache's and bam, it ran properly, but there's an issue i don't have any audio at all, not from pc speaker, not from my awe64, the sound is working on Windows 95 and my Win95 DOS bootdisk with drivers too(diagnose run just fine, 8/16 bits digital audio, synthesized and awe synth works).
But nothing on Test Drive 3, and i've went through the game setup, and still nothing, no sound from awe64 or pc speaker.
Could be the dos version?

Edit: on my 486 with dos 6.22 i managed to get PC speaker sound only(even when configuring to use soundblaster/adlib), on my 486 i have a SoundBlaster 16

Edit2: for some reason my SB16 is a bit iffy, and it is not working properly.

Edit3: Everything is working on my 486 (slowed down with the turbo button), i will try to diagnose why it didn't worked with my AWE64, i suspect it is the DOS version, i'll post it back here later if that was the case.