Here are my problems with PCI-Audio within Dos6.22
First attempt: Creative PCI 128
- Does not work at all, no sound under plain Dos, no Digi, no Adlib, no nothing. Glx does not find it, setblaster does not find it.
Second attempt: ESS-Solo1
- Win31 driver installs the Dosdriver, Adlib is working everywhere, Digi is working in all Demos/Intros but only in very view games. GLX finds a SBpro and works really fine, setblaster finds it, Win3x is working fine.
Why is it that most Dosgames don't like or find the Digisound (A220 I5 D1 T4) ?
The Bios is set to maximise Dos-Memory. Emm386 does not get it's 64KB frame in that Bios-setting. I'll have to use emm386.exe /frame:none to get enough free memory under 640K. Qemm386 leads to a "command interpreter not found". But if I only use himem.sys it does not get any better.
Here are some examples:
1. PinballDreams2 => Sound starts but hangs emidiatly
2. PinballFantasies => the same as above
3. PinballExtreme => I hear nothing, no error message
4. Silverball => no soundcard is found
5. Eyeofthebeholder2/3 => no samples are played
6. DarkForces => the samples sound that they wer cut at the end, they seem to be shorter.
7. PrinceofPersia1 => I do no get anything else then the PC-Speaker (command-line, no setup.exe available)
8. PrinceofPersia2 => Intro starts, first line is spoken, game hangs.
I will make some pictures of the configuration.
I will have to do further testing, perhaps someone has an advice for me 😀
Thx a lot
Retro-Gamer 😀PowerMac 6100-66/Houdini 486/66 - G4 Cube 450/Rage128pro OS9.0.1 - Macintosh LC/Apple IIe Card OS6.0.8 - Acorn A4000 Archimedes - Unisys CWD 486/66 + Aztech Washington