VOGONS

Reply 101 of 109, by original_meusli

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well I can confirm that it was version 10 that got the Wing Commander fix as I have version V009 and get the crash at the intro fireworks. I wonder how many version of the chip are out there?

Attachments

• MusicQuest.jpg
    Filename
    MusicQuest.jpg
    File size
    431.88 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 102 of 109, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I believe 010 is the latest for the Z8 mcu. I have not found yet any newer versions than that.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 103 of 109, by Retroit

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote on 2021-05-04, 11:14:

I believe 010 is the latest for the Z8 mcu. I have not found yet any newer versions than that.

Hello keropi, could you send me a copy of fw v.010 for midi quest? I want to try to build my own, as it not cheap and hard to find it on market. Thank you

Reply 105 of 109, by PC386

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I used my midi quest in ms dos for a while but I want to use under dos but most of times ,other sound cards give their midi port conflito with music quest.
Is there a sound card that can avoid this?
I thought adlib card but I wanted to play games like Duke nukem wich can use soundblaster cards for fx

Anu sugestions?

Kind regards

Reply 106 of 109, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PC386 wrote on 2022-01-04, 14:46:
I used my midi quest in ms dos for a while but I want to use under dos but most of times ,other sound cards give their midi port […]
Show full quote

I used my midi quest in ms dos for a while but I want to use under dos but most of times ,other sound cards give their midi port conflito with music quest.
I thought adlib card but I wanted to play games like Duke nukem wich can use soundblaster cards for fx

Anu sugestions?

Kind regards

there is no trick, just make sure your soundcard does not use port330 for mpu or completely disable the soundcard mpu
how this can be done varies from card to card, there is no universal instructions

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 107 of 109, by PC386

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote on 2022-01-04, 16:24:
PC386 wrote on 2022-01-04, 14:46:
I used my midi quest in ms dos for a while but I want to use under dos but most of times ,other sound cards give their midi port […]
Show full quote

Anu sugestions?

Kind regards

there is no trick, just make sure your soundcard does not use port330 for mpu or completely disable the soundcard mpu
how this can be done varies from card to card, there is no universal instructions

Thank you keropi

I am using a ess 1868f
And some times booting windows 98se always give irq issues associated with irq 9 after removing and installing roland mpu compatible device I acomplished to change to a free irq for music quest card.
Windows is a sh. .. And complicate things..

Reply 109 of 109, by zecahue

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you guys for the cable pinout scheme! Just got a RA-50 working flawlessly with a IH9MQ9 v.010
A quick reminder for those who decide to change the female to a male connector, please (obviously!) invert the side pins! This will save you a couple hour of troubleshooting 😜