VOGONS

Reply 2180 of 3172, by Katara

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
carlostex wrote:

Today i can only regret not being a backer for this project, would love me an ARGUS. Those ISA expansion headers are very handy.

Hope __shock is doing well.

I regret it too, i thought that the project will take one year or maybe two to mature, but after seeing an Argus card on ebay for $1000 in 2019 (4 years later) !! i ended up buying a nice classic gravis for $180

Reply 2186 of 3172, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Synoptic wrote:

That was not supposed to happen. We were all asked not to do that if I remember correctly.

Yeah, that's how the world works. Asking people not to put it on ebay means it won't show up on ebay. Sure thing. 🤣

Reply 2187 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm still alive and around - even tho times are really tough. I hope to get back onto the project by February next year, but can't promise anything. I guess not ending up homeless is more important than this project. I still have the "Release Candidate" boards wrapped up, but haven't been able to send them ... yup, this sucks and I'm certainly not happy with it either.

And yes, that was my ARGUS Prototype #1 which actually sold almost instantly regardless of the silly asking price, along with my original SSI-2001 to indeed raise some funds ... I'll write a larger post on that in the near future.

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 2188 of 3172, by elianda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Getting an apartment to live is definitely first priority.

Retronn.de - Vintage Hardware Gallery, Drivers, Guides, Videos. Now with file search
Youtube Channel
FTP Server - Driver Archive and more
DVI2PCIe alignment and 2D image quality measurement tool

Reply 2189 of 3172, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

yeah no need to write or explain anything shock__ , real life comes first (not to mention it's YOUR project so you can do whatever you want with it...)
take your time man 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2190 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well fuck my life ... guess who just had his hopes destroyed once again, that I might be able to stay if I sent in the required paperwork.
I'm so tired of this bullshit with my former flatmate (who I've been running after for piece of the paper for 3 months now), the landlord and this city overall. I'm really trying to be a nice and considerate person here - but I guess after 600 applications without a single viewing and a landlord pull back after luring I guess it's up to me to decide to become an even more pathetic piece of a human or a full blown asshole.

Seriously ... fuck this (also sorry for ranting and not even remotely having positive news).
If anyone is up for safekeeping the ARGUS materials as it's even uncertain whether I'd be able to properly store them after the 31st of January, I guess now is the right time for offers.

[Z?]

Reply 2191 of 3172, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Let me offer myself. Both for storage and/or for some eventual following of the project.
As you can see from the other project thread, my current team will be able not only to finalize the project (if any modding is needed), produce the PCBs, but also offer additional services like assembling. If you choose me, I'll promise to abide by the rules you set. Although I haven't discussed it with the mates yet, but I think we'll be able to solve the brackets issue too. Moreover, parts, shipping, customs, etc. are way cheaper in Russia than in the EU, so I guess it would make some nice cash saving for the end-user.

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 2192 of 3172, by 640K!enough

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If it's only for short-term storage, it would likely be much less expensive if it were kept in the EU; within Germany would likely be the best option, if possible.

Reply 2193 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'd defintely prefer to finish shit myself and feel at least slightly less than a co-dependant loser - so yeah ... an offer for taking over isn't the best at this point. If I haven't been able to find a decent solution by January I'll be handing stuff over to a local friend or within the community inside Germany (I currently have 2 offers).

[Z?]

Reply 2194 of 3172, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

glad to hear this
yes I am sure all prefer this stays with you - a local friend seems the best option tbh you can go retrieve or mess with stuff very easy that way
but don't sweat it shock__ , it is what it is for now but the future will be better I am sure 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 2195 of 3172, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

if you need to store some Stuff i`m pretty sure you will find a solution.
but if you need funds maybe we can help out by raise some funds for paying for a storage solution.
i also have only a small income but with help of the community almost everything is possible.
Many small payments also count up.

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 2196 of 3172, by Sev80

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
matze79 wrote:
if you need to store some Stuff i`m pretty sure you will find a solution. but if you need funds maybe we can help out by raise s […]
Show full quote

if you need to store some Stuff i`m pretty sure you will find a solution.
but if you need funds maybe we can help out by raise some funds for paying for a storage solution.
i also have only a small income but with help of the community almost everything is possible.
Many small payments also count up.

I am willing to help too with small donations

Reply 2198 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

how about no or do it yourself (preferably in a seperate topic)?

Current status: ARGUS Prototypes still not sent, materials safely stored, living in a glorified storage room for sublet, still working at my scummy, loser-job 6 days per week.
Feels good to be a combination of a slacker and a failure. If anyone wants to do me a favor, send me your current paypal address for a refund of your donation, so I at least have one more situation in my life where I'm not leeching off others and drag you into my failure.

[Z?]