VOGONS

Reply 2220 of 3172, by kompas-rus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Predator99 wrote on 2020-03-24, 10:34:
Last edited by kompas-rus on 2020-03-25, 16:42. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2221 of 3172, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kompas-rus wrote on 2020-03-25, 15:54:

60USD for a PCB...

Last edited by vetz on 2020-03-25, 20:02. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2222 of 3172, by kompas-rus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
carlostex wrote on 2020-03-25, 16:09:

MOD ACTION: REMOVED SELF ADVERTISEMENT

Last edited by vetz on 2020-03-25, 20:04. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 2223 of 3172, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I like GUSar, but why you don`t start your own Thread and show it off ?

there is no need to advertise inside someone else`s thread.
Even if this is a almost dead project.

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 2225 of 3172, by 640K!enough

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Synoptic wrote on 2020-03-27, 16:41:

I thought the RC-1 boards had not shipped yet.

The RC-1 boards haven't shipped yet, and the effort is on hold, since shock__ has run into a series of recent personal difficulties. The board in question is "based on" the released ARGUS schematics, but is not by shock__, nor anyone previously involved in this project. Rather, it is by someone who appears periodically, just to shamelessly promote "his" design. Let's skip the unpleasant details and leave it at that.

Reply 2226 of 3172, by kompas-rus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
640K!enough wrote on 2020-03-28, 02:20:
Synoptic wrote on 2020-03-27, 16:41:

I thought the RC-1 boards had not shipped yet.

The RC-1 boards haven't shipped yet, and the effort is on hold, since shock__ has run into a series of recent personal difficulties. The board in question is "based on" the released ARGUS schematics, but is not by shock__, nor anyone previously involved in this project. Rather, it is by someone who appears periodically, just to shamelessly promote "his" design. Let's skip the unpleasant details and leave it at that.

Do you consider me a shameless person? I think without conscience that who wants to make a lot of money selling it is expensive. Why shock__ not put it in the public domain? May anyone be able to do this, do not God-worship him. I have pre-ordered more than 30 boards (KIT) I'm not sure that after my sale someone else will need to buy this. So take it easy and relax.

Reply 2227 of 3172, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
kompas-rus wrote on 2020-03-28, 06:31:

Why shock__ not put it in the public domain?

That's a question I asked myself, too, since it's apparently not something he wanted to contribute to a wider public it seems. But still, that is his decision!

Cloning other people's work and than make money out of it, while the person who did all the work has to fight with life and lacking money is just outrageous and deserves a life-time ban from VOGONS in my opinion.

Last edited by derSammler on 2020-03-28, 16:04. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2228 of 3172, by kompas-rus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
derSammler wrote on 2020-03-28, 08:24:

Why shock__ not put it in the public domain?

That's a question I asked myself, too, since it's apparently not something he wanted to contribute to a wider public it seems. But still, that is his decision!

Cloning other people's work and than make money out of it, while the person who did all the work has to fight with life and lacking money is just outrageous and deserevs a life-time ban from VOGONS in my opinion.

Yes, I agree, shock__ cloned someone else’s development, namely GUS, for this it must be blocked)) What nonsense are you talking about?

Reply 2229 of 3172, by 640K!enough

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Do you consider me a shameless person?

Well, let's think about that for a minute. In the 18+ years since the InterWave was discontinued, nobody undertook this effort before shock__. If it was such a simple, obvious thing that anyone could do, why not? Why did you have to use his schematics? Why was your earlier board a near one-to-one copy of shock__'s design, layout and all, including features you don't understand?

You see, beyond just this one project, your actions have caused others in the community to be less likely to want to share their work or allow community involvement in the development process. That deprives everyone of learning opportunities, and that is inexcusable!

Then, still not satisfied, you had the nerve to come here, of all places, to promote your board on multiple occasions, despite the moderators' actions indicating that it isn't welcome. So, shameless? Yes! And also inconsiderate and selfish.

Cloning other people's work and than make money out of it, while the person who did all the work has to fight with life and lacking money is just outrageous and deserevs a life-time ban from VOGONS in my opinion.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Reply 2230 of 3172, by kompas-rus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
640K!enough wrote on 2020-03-28, 15:36:
Well, let's think about that for a minute. In the 18+ years since the InterWave was discontinued, nobody undertook this effort […]
Show full quote

Do you consider me a shameless person?

Well, let's think about that for a minute. In the 18+ years since the InterWave was discontinued, nobody undertook this effort before shock__. If it was such a simple, obvious thing that anyone could do, why not? Why did you have to use his schematics? Why was your earlier board a near one-to-one copy of shock__'s design, layout and all, including features you don't understand?

You see, beyond just this one project, your actions have caused others in the community to be less likely to want to share their work or allow community involvement in the development process. That deprives everyone of learning opportunities, and that is inexcusable!

Then, still not satisfied, you had the nerve to come here, of all places, to promote your board on multiple occasions, despite the moderators' actions indicating that it isn't welcome. So, shameless? Yes! And also inconsiderate and selfish.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I have no desire to argue with you, all this is your invention and nothing more. I did not steal anything, I did it myself, that’s the point. I see that out of everything, someone is ready to do business, I do it for the sake of a hobby, I want everyone to be able to get cheap, I do it, I'm not trying to make more money. Maybe people who don’t live in Russia have a different attitude to the cost of goods, but it’s hard to earn money in Russia, where the cost of one hour of work is 2-3USD, that's why I do it. And learn from Sergey Kiselev, who gives you a lot of good boards. Your words are empty, mean nothing in this situation. Wait for mercy from your master.

Reply 2231 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Eurgh ... what a fucking mess 😀
To keep things short: Only matze's RC2 had been shipped.
I've sold off the very first prototype to a collector from .ru (which is documented in this thread) otherwise everything has been going according to plan. So cut your BS 😀

To keep things as a hobby -and quite frankly to get a closure to this mess- every RC2-tester can write me his/her adress and the board will be shipped within the next 14 days. I'm having enough personal stuff going on and don't need this playground shit at this point (if you check the last 2-3 pages of this thread you'll scratch a major point, but that's just one on the surface).

For all others: I'm slightly changing the conditions of this project. I'll no longer presolder the InterWaves (they will of course still be included for free) and intend to collect the money for the boards by the end of may. All supporters will be contacted a reasonable amount of times either via PM or E-Mail. If I don't get any feedback, your donation will be refunded. Unless the RC2 reveals any major issues (which it didn't for me) I don't intend to change the current design. Boards will be ordered and shipped 4-6 weeks later. I'll announce the price for the boards within the next 7 days.
If any stock remains for the InterWaves I might do anything with them in the future, but won't announce anything til I have something that's ready to ship to prevent future situations like the current one (there's another thing going behind the scenes).

On a sidenote: I'm perfectly fine with the GUSAR project ... i'm just slightly irritated by the name, but hey, kompas-rus is right ... it's not like the ARGUS was a sanctioned clone in the first place, so no hard feelings on that base.
About Sergey: I've ordered a number of lovely ZX boards from him a while back and recently, while a number of them is perfect, the Pentagon 48 board however had a dead short on the GND and VCC planes 😉 He's fair enough to list untested boards as untested, if you check the russian ZX community his reception is ambivalent I'm afraid (see his redesign of the "general sound" board which he abandoned and is now selling the PCBs designed by Mick). I'm sure the GUSAR will be fine, even if he doesn't understand the full schematics. As said ... I'm cool with it and would go as far as endorsing it after a namechange 😉

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 2232 of 3172, by kompas-rus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
shock__ wrote on 2020-03-28, 18:06:
Eurgh ... what a fucking mess :) To keep things short: Only matze's RC2 had been shipped. I've sold off the very first prototype […]
Show full quote

Eurgh ... what a fucking mess 😀
To keep things short: Only matze's RC2 had been shipped.
I've sold off the very first prototype to a collector from .ru (which is documented in this thread) otherwise everything has been going according to plan. So cut your BS 😀

To keep things as a hobby -and quite frankly to get a closure to this mess- every RC2-tester can write me his/her adress and the board will be shipped within the next 14 days. I'm having enough personal stuff going on and don't need this playground shit at this point (if you check the last 2-3 pages of this thread you'll scratch a major point, but that's just one on the surface).

For all others: I'm slightly changing the conditions of this project. I'll no longer presolder the InterWaves (they will of course still be included for free) and intend to collect the money for the boards by the end of may. All supporters will be contacted a reasonable amount of times either via PM or E-Mail. If I don't get any feedback, your donation will be refunded. Unless the RC2 reveals any major issues (which it didn't for me) I don't intend to change the current design. Boards will be ordered and shipped 4-6 weeks later. I'll announce the price for the boards within the next 7 days.
If any stock remains for the InterWaves I might do anything with them in the future, but won't announce anything til I have something that's ready to ship to prevent future situations like the current one (there's another thing going behind the scenes).

On a sidenote: I'm perfectly fine with the GUSAR project ... i'm just slightly irritated by the name, but hey, kompas-rus is right ... it's not like the ARGUS was a sanctioned clone in the first place, so no hard feelings on that base.
About Sergey: I've ordered a number of lovely ZX boards from him a while back and recently, while a number of them is perfect, the Pentagon 48 board however had a dead short on the GND and VCC planes 😉 He's fair enough to list untested boards as untested, if you check the russian ZX community his reception is ambivalent I'm afraid (see his redesign of the "general sound" board which he abandoned and is now selling the PCBs designed by Mick). I'm sure the GUSAR will be fine, even if he doesn't understand the full schematics. As said ... I'm cool with it and would go as far as endorsing it after a namechange 😉

I’m Pavel, I’m not Sergey, you buy Pentagon 48 from me

Reply 2233 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Alright ... I haven't kept up with your nicknames then 😉 Pavel, PCBsale-ru, Chipkin among a few others. As said, I'm cool with other InterWave based clones ... but wow, that first revision is almost an insult ... a near 1:1 clone with all credits removed. If you had asked you could potentially have saved yourself the work and have gone "official".
With the GUSAR lite I'm cool.

[Z?]

Reply 2234 of 3172, by kompas-rus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
shock__ wrote on 2020-03-29, 13:11:

Alright ... I haven't kept up with your nicknames then 😉 Pavel, PCBsale-ru, Chipkin among a few others. As said, I'm cool with other InterWave based clones ... but wow, that first revision is almost an insult ... a near 1:1 clone with all credits removed. If you had asked you could potentially have saved yourself the work and have gone "official".
With the GUSAR lite I'm cool.

Let's agree so, I will give you 3 boards as a gift, so that I would not be ashamed of this) I will write to you later when I have the boards.

gusarl.jpg

Reply 2235 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That's cool 😀
I just wanted to order from your shop again and was collecting a list of items I need (i.e. VRAMs for the Sprinter).
Feel free to include them with my next order which will be placed soon-ish ... the previous one has already arrived (ZXM GS, Compact 256, Atm Turbo 2+), still waiting for the SMK-512 which seems to be stuck in customs.

[Z?]

Reply 2236 of 3172, by kompas-rus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
shock__ wrote on 2020-03-29, 14:46:

That's cool 😀
I just wanted to order from your shop again and was collecting a list of items I need (i.e. VRAMs for the Sprinter).
Feel free to include them with my next order which will be placed soon-ish ... the previous one has already arrived (ZXM GS, Compact 256, Atm Turbo 2+), still waiting for the SMK-512 which seems to be stuck in customs.

The border is closed, I cancel all orders. I do not know when the border will be opened. I think in May something will be decided, I will inform you.
P.S. Also now about 80 boards are on the way from China, there are many new projects there.

Reply 2237 of 3172, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

@kompas-rus I tried to order from the forum 2 months ago or so. However nothing ever came of it... I wasn't billed anything. Is there any special trick? Is there an english help forum? Because everything was in Russian, autotranslated... 😀

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 2238 of 3172, by kompas-rus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
root42 wrote on 2020-03-29, 20:59:

@kompas-rus I tried to order from the forum 2 months ago or so. However nothing ever came of it... I wasn't billed anything. Is there any special trick? Is there an english help forum? Because everything was in Russian, autotranslated... 😀

I reported earlier that at first production in China was closed, now the customs border in Russia has been closed, I do not know when it will be restored. I saw all the orders, I will let you know when these boards will be in my possession, as I said before, there are more than 30 orders. The cost in USD will not change, the cost will be increased in RUB, as the pair USD-RUB is increased by 30%. You can always write to me on my site’s store page at the bottom right, I will answer.

Reply 2239 of 3172, by dogchainx

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, work is brutal right now. Not that I do anything to contribute to this project other than cheer it on.

Shock, for whatever its worth, thanks for all of your time, sweat, blood and probably sleepless nights you've poured into this project. I hope life gets smoother for you, life usually does. This is a hobby, and should bring anyone interested in it an uplift of spirit and a reprieve of daily life, not being a path that requires trudging through it.

I hope everyone stays safe during this time. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and running water, use hand sanitizer if you can't, and don't touch your face. My lab is busy switching over to making, of all things, hand sanitizer since you can't find it very well on store shelves.

386DX-40MHz-8MB-540MB+428MB+Speedstar64@2MB+SoundBlaster Pro+MT-32/MKII
486DX2-66Mhz-16MB-4.3GB+SpeedStar64 VLB DRAM 2MB+AWE32/SB16+SCB-55
MY BLOG RETRO PC BLOG: https://bitbyted.wordpress.com/