VOGONS

Reply 400 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here is the software/manual package: http://www.mediafire.com/file/e7146cq1d4yns3k … PC_MIDI_MPU.zip
Nothing is really needed but the test/diagnostic program is useful for 1min or so 🤣

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 404 of 894, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Looks good 😀

are all cards blue ?

For real classics there should be a green one too 😁

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 406 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ wow it sure takes it's sweet time to get there 🙁

@matze79
green was the previous version, this one is new and pimped 🤣

In other related news this batch of mpus is sold out, thanks everyone!
marmes still has 2-3 cards but we need some fresh Z8s for them

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 407 of 894, by QBiN

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote:

In other related news this batch of mpus is sold out, thanks everyone!

Seems like this was quite a success. Is another batch already in the works? Or any word on when the next batch will kick off?

Reply 408 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

^ yes we will make a new and larger batch - no worries!

Reply 411 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

thanks for the kind words McKie1

@Cadderlik
finally! enjoy my friend!

Reply 416 of 894, by anderswk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Finally had some time to test the card. After disabling ACPI, the card works great. I'm using a Roland UM-ONE and the Falcosoft Midi player with Munt plugin. Space Quest 4, Monkey Island, and Doom all sound amazing. The only game that sounds a bit off is Quest for Glory 4, but I'm sure that is just a setup issue (I'm new to this world of MIDI 😀 ).

1991: IBM PS/2 Model 35 SX
1995: IBM Aptiva 2144
1999: IBM IntelliStation M Pro 6889

Reply 417 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I kind of remember that QfG4 is a SC-55 MK2 game - it even sounds a little of with a SC-55 MK1 module. I am pretty sure I remember it correctly, try using a GM virtual-module and not the MT-32 for this game - maybe the same one you use for DOOM
It could also be a case were the game's driver doesn't like a fast system (since you mentioned ACPI) try and use a utility to disable L1 cache as it could really help in that case.

Reply 419 of 894, by Burrito78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does this card prevent the buffer overflow on MT-32 (old)? I guess not, so i would still need the MPU card + SoftMPU in this case. Is this correct and would that work together as expected?

Sound Blaster: From best to worst
Member of DOSBox Staging