VOGONS

Reply 780 of 894, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
keropi wrote:

There is a contact form link on the serdashop pcmidi mpu product page - use this to get in touch, they are still available no worries

Got to excited so I forgot how to read 😀 after starting to builx my daily old pc I did not read up that sb pro 2 didn’t have midi which anyway as I have read wouldn’t give the best experience with Roland mt-32 anyway.

naa, nothing yet...

Reply 781 of 894, by Scali

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
tabm0de wrote:

I did not read up that sb pro 2 didn’t have midi which anyway as I have read wouldn’t give the best experience with Roland mt-32 anyway.

The SB Pro 2 does have MIDI, it's just Creative's own proprietary standard, and not compatible with the Roland MPU-401.
However, it is supported by SoftMPU, so you can get full MPU-401 compatibility that way, and it will work fine with an MT-32.

http://scalibq.wordpress.com/just-keeping-it- … ro-programming/

Reply 782 of 894, by bjwil1991

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have an idea for the future PCMIDI cards: laptop PCMCIA MPU-401 clones. Mightn't be a good idea, however, finding the Roland SC-55 PCMCIA card is rare and costs more than what it was back then.

Discord: https://discord.gg/U5dJw7x
Systems from the Compaq Portable 1 to Ryzen 9 5950X
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/retropcuser

Reply 783 of 894, by Vynix

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
bjwil1991 wrote:

I have an idea for the future PCMIDI cards: laptop PCMCIA MPU-401 clones. Mightn't be a good idea, however, finding the Roland SC-55 PCMCIA card is rare and costs more than what it was back then.

Oh this... This so much, I would freaking love to get one given that I'm obligated to collect retro laptops (don't have room for full blown towers at the moment 🙁 so I gotta do with what I have)

Proud owner of a Shuttle HOT-555A 430VX motherboard and two wonderful retro laptops, namely a Compaq Armada 1700 [nonfunctional] and a HP Omnibook XE3-GC [fully working :p]

Reply 784 of 894, by derSammler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Scali wrote:

The SB Pro 2 does have MIDI, it's just Creative's own proprietary standard

That's a contradiction in itself. MIDI is a standard. Either it's MIDI, or something proprietary from Creative. It can't be both. The SB Pro 2.0 has standard MIDI, but the interface to it is not MPU-401 (which is not the same as "MIDI") but Creative's own try on it.

Reply 787 of 894, by Eon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, so i have the "interface found but unable determine irq level" problem.
I can't seem to be able to fix it.
My sound card is not setup by default 220 irq 5
And my midi card is 330 irq 2 but even if i change to 300 and on any other irq it i have the same result

Anyway any help would be appreciated

Config:
Biostar MB-8433UUD-A Ver 3.1
2x Mot MA 3240 J 00 TBSN 60, 4x32MB 72-PIN EDO RAM
AMD AM486 DX4-100
S3 Trio64V+ 2MB Video
Creative Sound Blaster AWE64
Adaptec Carte PCI SCSI
PC midi card
LeHang SD to ide 3.5"40Pin Male Adaptator

Reply 788 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hello Eon!
I am sending you a PM so we can discuss via email
we'll fix it 😀

ps.
can you do a test for me, can you remove your scsi card and boot from a floppy or IDE HDD and run DIAGNOSE?
thanks!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 790 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

excellent thanks for the update Eon!
enjoy the old tunes!!! 😁

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 791 of 894, by LABS

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is a pure bliss 😀

IMG_1192__.jpg
Filename
IMG_1192__.jpg
File size
100.14 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

A very good looking and sturdy product, very pro, congratulations! The first immediate impression is that I'm holding a high quality product with a solid design. Love the "PC MIDI CARD" text with DIN5 logo - clever and simple. The overall layout and board's form factor opens up an artist in the designer, who produces high quality electronics in limited quantity. Million kudoses to you and marmes.

And it also has a waveblaster header with Aux audio out, OMG, I'm fully packed now 😀

Now I need to find some time to get into my cave and connect everything together and try the card in a job.

Thanks a lot!

Blasterboard: DIY SB2-compatible sound card on ATmega MCU
Sonic Buster 8: New 8-bit ISA sound card

Reply 792 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

thanks for the kind words LABS!!! really appreciated!
enjoy the old tunes!!!!

Reply 794 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
hernan43 wrote on 2020-01-04, 03:39:

Does this card work in FreeDOS?

Is there a card of any kind that does not work in freedos?
Maybe you are worried about a driver that won't recognize freedos and fail to load? The card needs no drivers, as long as the game/app runs it will be utilized by it.

Reply 796 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sure just check the link in my signature that leads to serdashop

Reply 797 of 894, by Cyrix200+

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
keropi wrote on 2020-03-02, 07:08:

Sure just check the link in my signature that leads to serdashop

FYI, the link in your signature doesn't work any more. https://www.serdashop.com/ISA-MPU-Card does work 😀

1982 to 2001

Reply 799 of 894, by PC-Engineer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Keropi, i recieved your card tody. Its running very nice!

But ... 😉 ... i need the pinout for the AUX connector (P8). It is not included in your ZIP package in the link from your homepage.

Thanks and best regrads
Lutz

Epox 7KXA Slot A / Athlon 950MHz / Voodoo 5 5500 / PowerVR / 512 MB / AWE32 / SCSI - Windows 98SE