VOGONS

Reply 22 of 894, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
alexanrs wrote:
ATX form card, not backplane... This is what I mean http://www.interloper.com/graphics/accessories/usb/50320000.jpg […]
Show full quote

ATX form card, not backplane...
This is what I mean
50320000.jpg

Ah, wasn't exactly familiar with those ... are they easy to source? If so might be worth considering.

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 23 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

So, I did look on eBay for this solution since a ready-made cable is nice.
The cheapest ps2->at keyboard adapter with sufficient quantity costs 1.75GBP. The adapter alone is already more expensive than the DB9 bracket.
I couldn't find these "atx brackets" on ebay, I don't imagine they are 1GBP either...

Guys I don't see such a change coming... I already have the local guy (same one that arranged the pal cracking) fixing and finalizing the pcb design and his fee was a "friendly one". He is also arranging the pcb manufacturing when/if it comes. If I go and bug him to make trivial changes then this friendly service is at risk 🤣

btw , here is what the hand-made adapter will look like:

WP_20140625_008_zps88f91ad2.jpg

it's not that bad and the current design works without any modifications with cheap serial brackets 😀

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 26 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

here is a 3D render for now 😁

IH9MQ9_1_zpsrcthxamk.png

Last edited by keropi on 2015-06-26, 22:29. Edited 1 time in total.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 31 of 894, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Capital controls and the current economic situation in Greece put a halt on the project sadly... I'll update when things get rolling again , in the meantime the whole endeavor is in sleep mode 🤣

Reply 32 of 894, by ab0tj

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

In the mean time, I'd love to get any files you have related to this project, if you're willing to share. I can probably get some PCBs ordered and build a prototype or three.

Reply 33 of 894, by Skyscraper

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
alexanrs wrote:
ATX form card, not backplane... This is what I mean http://www.interloper.com/graphics/accessories/usb/50320000.jpg […]
Show full quote

ATX form card, not backplane...
This is what I mean
50320000.jpg

Do not destroy those ATX form factor cards if we are not talking about new ones.

If you have for example a PC-Chips M577 or a similar Baby AT Super Socket 7 board its a pain to find the correct ATX form factor card for it. I bought a second M577 from Italy 😁 just to get the form factor card.

New PC: i9 12900K @5GHz all cores @1.2v. MSI PRO Z690-A. 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14. 3070Ti.
Old PC: Dual Xeon X5690@4.6GHz, EVGA SR-2, 48GB DDR3R@2000MHz, Intel X25-M. GTX 980ti.
Older PC: K6-3+ 400@600MHz, PC-Chips M577, 256MB SDRAM, AWE64, Voodoo Banshee.

Reply 36 of 894, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Holy cow, that's awesome! Another cool DIY project has come to life!

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 38 of 894, by PhilsComputerLab

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ok, I'm impressed. I don't think I've seen a project go from idea to finished product so quickly. Well done!

PM me if you want to me do a video review on it. Always looking for new projects.

YouTube, Facebook, Website

Reply 39 of 894, by ab0tj

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
philscomputerlab wrote:

Ok, I'm impressed. I don't think I've seen a project go from idea to finished product so quickly. Well done!

PM me if you want to me do a video review on it. Always looking for new projects.

I think keropi has been working on that one for a while now. There was a different thread regarding that one. (a clone of the MusicQuest clone)