VOGONS

Reply 20 of 46, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I was about to give a hint to the serial, but my CD is different, and the serial does not work with the ISO on vogonsdrivers...

The Home Studio CD has Digital Orchestrator Pro v3.02.05. (The Normal CD seems to have a similar program called Midi Orchestrator Plus.)
There is an Audio Station 32 media player. In case of a midi file it can be played and edited with Midi Orchestrator 32 v1.3.0.27.
Both seem to run OK on Windows XP. There was a warning dialog that the expected midi devices are absent; very true since the Montego II card itself was not installed.
The CD has an ad for Eye & I - Voice Crystal products, including their 4MB GM soundset. Funny, since I actually bought that one some years ago.

Attachments

--> ISA Soundcard Overview // Doom MBF 2.04 // SetMul

Reply 21 of 46, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I send a mail/support ticket to Turtle Beach asking about the basic Montego II CD Serial. Just maybe they are in a good mood, and still know what a Montego II is.

Reply 22 of 46, by GiSWiG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was thinking about doing that. Let us know how it goes!

Steamer/GOG-er: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula | AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3.7GHz all cores | Mushkin 8GB DDR3 RAM 1333 w/ 6-6-6-18 1T | Dual AMD Radeon HD 6850s in CrossFireX | X-Fi Titanium | Dual-boot Windows XP and Vista

Reply 24 of 46, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Almost forgot about this one. After some pointless answers, I received the answer I hoped for. Many thanks Turtle Beach! Copy below.
The guy also mentioned that they double checked but have no such serials available at Turtle Beach support.
Now I personally cannot do much with it as I have a different Montego II product and CD..

From: Turtle Beach Support Team, support[at-sign]turtlebeach.com Sent: 3/24/2017 Subject: Turtle Beach Case# 00703536 Discon In […]
Show full quote

From: Turtle Beach Support Team, support[at-sign]turtlebeach.com
Sent: 3/24/2017
Subject: Turtle Beach Case# 00703536 Discon Installation Problem [ ref:_00DU0Jga6._5000PZqIYS:ref ]

Hi Gerwin,

You are permitted to share the serial with other forum members or even post it freely. However, it may not be possible to complete the activation process at this point.

We wish you the best of luck with the Montego II.

Sincerely,
Max

TurtleBeach.com
------------------------------------------------------
To get the fastest possible answers, always hit "Reply" to respond to our emails. Creating a new email will delay the processing of your case.

Have Questions? Please visit our Knowledge Base online at: http://support.turtlebeach.com/

--------------- Original Message --------------- From: Gerwin [last name removed] Sent: 3/20/2017 To: support[at-sign]turtlebeac […]
Show full quote

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 3/20/2017
To: support[at-sign]turtlebeach.com
Subject: Re: Turtle Beach Case# 00703536 Discon Installation Problem [ ]

Hi Max,

Now we are talking. My response question:

Can you ALLOW us to share a serial of one http://www.vogons.org forum member amongst other forum members, when they own this old Montego II card? if we keep the serial disclosed and not publish it on the site. yes or no?

Or are we even free to mention/share one serial openly on there. yes or no?

The question is concerning the T.B. Montego II Basic driver CD only.

Thank you so far,

Gerwin

Reply 25 of 46, by skitters

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
gerwin wrote:
. Almost forgot about this one. After some pointless answers, I received the answer I hoped for. Many thanks Turtle Beach! Copy […]
Show full quote

Almost forgot about this one. After some pointless answers, I received the answer I hoped for. Many thanks Turtle Beach! Copy below.
The guy also mentioned that they double checked but have no such serials available at Turtle Beach support.
Now I personally cannot do much with it as I have a different Montego II product and CD..

Since it's OK with Turtle Beach, I'll share the serial for my Montego software with anyone who wants it.

MON200-039975-377

My CD looks the same as this one
file.php?id=20740&t=1

Reply 26 of 46, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks for sharing! Now people can actually use the software in this topic. I updated the ISO File description on vogonsdrivers, and tested it to work with this serial.

Reply 28 of 46, by gerwin

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Glad it is useful. It was a team effort though:
Uploading the CD image - boxpressed
Hosting the CD image - SquallStrife
Serial for the CD - skitters
Getting official permission for the serial - gerwin

Reply 30 of 46, by Running5minsLate

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I apologize for redirecting this but I recently picked up a dell dimension Xps r400. I have a sound card issue that led me here. The fcc info says ASC338 which leads me to a Montego ii. I tried the turtle beach drivers Phil had with constant blue screens.
When I use the asp4comm.inf file from Turtle Beach 1 folder offered by Dell, it does produce sound but crashes on reboot.

I removed my spdif card before my sound card as suggested. I’ve also tried the Montego ii img but while I can boot and don’t have any device errors, I don’t have any sound.

Any hints on what inf files to pick and from where else to try? I’ve got the aural drivers too. I’ve tried 4 variants of folders of inf files

Reply 31 of 46, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Running5minsLate wrote on 2020-03-17, 20:10:
Hello, I apologize for redirecting this but I recently picked up a dell dimension Xps r400. I have a sound card issue that led m […]
Show full quote

Hello, I apologize for redirecting this but I recently picked up a dell dimension Xps r400. I have a sound card issue that led me here. The fcc info says ASC338 which leads me to a Montego ii. I tried the turtle beach drivers Phil had with constant blue screens.
When I use the asp4comm.inf file from Turtle Beach 1 folder offered by Dell, it does produce sound but crashes on reboot.

I removed my spdif card before my sound card as suggested. I’ve also tried the Montego ii img but while I can boot and don’t have any device errors, I don’t have any sound.

Any hints on what inf files to pick and from where else to try? I’ve got the aural drivers too. I’ve tried 4 variants of folders of inf files

Ok, so I recently bought a Montego II with the SPDIF upgrade board AND it came with the upgrade CD and instructions.

I'll get the manual scanned and the CD uploaded to vogonsdrivers and post back here when it is ready.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 32 of 46, by kolderman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have the Quadzilla package NIB, but not sealed (although some things inside are sealed). I also have a sealed NIB Malibu Surround 64, but not sure if I will ever unbox this or onsell it, seems quite a rare card.

Reply 33 of 46, by Running5minsLate

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-03-17, 20:59:
Running5minsLate wrote on 2020-03-17, 20:10:
Hello, I apologize for redirecting this but I recently picked up a dell dimension Xps r400. I have a sound card issue that led m […]
Show full quote

Ok, so I recently bought a Montego II with the SPDIF upgrade board AND it came with the upgrade CD and instructions.

I'll get the manual scanned and the CD uploaded to vogonsdrivers and post back here when it is ready.

Wow! Okay that makes sense that this variant would need a specific drivers. I appreciate it

Reply 35 of 46, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
boxpressed wrote on 2020-03-18, 03:17:

If anyone has the serial number for the Turtle Beach Pinnacle CD-ROM, I'd love to have it. Thanks!

According to the user manual, you need the Product ID Number which is found on the registration card:

INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE The software has an automatic installation process. During the installation, you have the option to inst […]
Show full quote

INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE
The software has an automatic installation process. During the installation, you have the option to install all of the applications, or only those
applications that you want.
If, at a later time, you want to install the other applications, you will need
to re-run SETUP.EXE.
TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE:
1. Make certain you have the Product ID number. (This number can
be found on the Registration Card.)

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 36 of 46, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-03-18, 05:05:

If anyone has the serial number for the Turtle Beach Pinnacle CD-ROM, I'd love to have it. Thanks!

According to the user manual, you need the Product ID Number which is found on the registration card:

INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE The software has an automatic installation process. During the installation, you have the option to inst […]
Show full quote

INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE
The software has an automatic installation process. During the installation, you have the option to install all of the applications, or only those
to re-run SETUP.EXE.
TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE:

Yes, that's the number I need. Product ID. Starts with PIN and followed by a sequence of characters like the Montego's.

Reply 37 of 46, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Finally got a chance to scan the user guide, make it searchable, image the CD, etc.

Here it is:
http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … 665&menustate=0

Montego_II_Upgrade_Drivers_CD_800px.jpg
Filename
Montego_II_Upgrade_Drivers_CD_800px.jpg
File size
301.26 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 38 of 46, by CHiLL72

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
boxpressed wrote on 2020-03-18, 05:12:
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-03-18, 05:05:

Show full quote

INSTALLING THE SOFTWARE
to re-run SETUP.EXE.
TO INSTALL THE SOFTWARE:

Yes, that's the number I need. Product ID. Starts with PIN and followed by a sequence of characters like the Montego's.

Just read these posts and I have a boxed Turtle Beach Pinnacle, but I'm not sure if everything is still there. I'll see if I can dig it out and see if there's a code you can use.

Waveblaster MIDI boards: https://waveblaster.nl - online now!

Reply 39 of 46, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CHiLL72 wrote on 2020-04-05, 07:27:

Just read these posts and I have a boxed Turtle Beach Pinnacle, but I'm not sure if everything is still there. I'll see if I can dig it out and see if there's a code you can use.

Thank you! The number is on the product registration card, if you have one.