VOGONS

Reply 340 of 741, by kode54

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I found another issue with the SCVA, if anyone knows the proper channels for reporting to Roland? I managed to get some bugs fixed by them, but the last time I reported, they first bugged me that I needed to contact the Japanese developers directly, who only have a snail mail address for contact.

https://f.losno.co/testscva.zip

KMK76_8P.MID, a MIDI file by "Kamiki". Running at 44100Hz, the last valid sample coming out of the plugin for this MIDI file is 10,311,063. On the 10,311,064th sample, the left channel is NaN while the right is 0.99990004. Then they both emit NaNs until the file ends 3,547,752 samples later.

E: Verified to play cleanly and also sound significantly different in the SC-88 Pro mode. It only breaks in the default unconstrained mode of the synthesizer.

Reply 341 of 741, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Confirming, if play Migra8p.mid villas baa crash.
If you remove the insert in Mygra8p.mid sound will be played, if not remove the insert in the MIDI file-FX Overdrive / Auto Wah-Wah will play stop when it comes to the execution of commands type insert.

Reply 343 of 741, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

@Offtopic:
Kamerat suggested earlier:

If you integrate Munt, then we don't need any other software for a MIDI box

So I thought about how to achieve the integration. Eventually I decided that a VSTi plugin would be generally more usable and since VSTi is already supported in FSMP, the integration is not a problem.
Turning to the point Munt VSTi 1.0 is ready to release. There is a test version for you to try:
http://falcosoft.hu/munt_vsti_test.zip
Notice:
Since Munt only supports 32000, 48000, and 96000 Hz, you have to set one of these in the host (FSMP). These frequencies correspond the COARSE, ACCURATE, OVERSAMPLED analog output modes in Munt. Since Munt also uses 32Khz internally for timestamps for the most accurate timing 32Khz is recommended. But 96Khz is still preferred to 48Khz.
PS: Contrary to normal Munt releases this one also works on Win9x 😀

Any feedback is welcome (preferably in the FSMP topic: Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi)

Bye

Munt_VSTi.jpg
Filename
Munt_VSTi.jpg
File size
489.46 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 344 of 741, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Falcosoft
Very very very bigh thanks!!!!!
You make that's what I've been waiting SAVIHost + Your Plugni = 16 Partial on MT-32 ) For GM MIDI's as MT-32 and 16 Tracks MIDI's This it's super!!!
Please modify work with channels 11-16) and work with sysex messages of MT-32

Reply 345 of 741, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
I don't think I have to modify anything since you can remap channels/parts with SysEx messages(although you will not get proper patch names). Here's the SysEx you can use to remap parts to channels 11-16, 7-8, 10.
F0 41 10 16 12 10 00 0D 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F 06 07 09 02 F7
You can use my Midi Player(FSMP) to send this SysEx as a literal string above, or you can make a binary SysEx file from it. Most virtual Midi ports (e.g Midi-Yoke) are multicast capable so you can use multiple instances of FSMP and use them as a router. James-F and me have already talked about and tried this before:

Edit:
I have tried, it works but you should use this SysEx instead. It only maps parts to Channel 9 and 11-16 and turns off other channels/parts:
F0 41 10 16 12 10 00 0D 0A 0B 0C 0D 0E 0F 08 10 10 70 F7

Last edited by Falcosoft on 2017-01-25, 03:32. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 346 of 741, by kode54

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Feel free to look at my "Super GM" mode from my fork of Munt. It supports a full 16 channel mode, in which the remaining super parts are distributed among the channels not selected by the SysEx message, resulting in full 16 channel support. It also modifies the pitch bend range to work in units of semitones/cents, and defaults to two semitones.

foo_midi uses this mode, plus the GM patch set, when output is configured to Munt and the current file does not contain any MT-32 commands.

It also supports many more MIDI formats, as well as multiple methods of signaling loop start and/or end offsets. The only thing it doesn't do for loops is unroll the post-loop messages onto the loop start. I may work on that some day.

Reply 347 of 741, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ok, MuntVsti v1.0.0.5 uploaded.
New features:
1. Added visual indicator to active parts/channels.
2. New channel configuration has been added: 9,11..16.
3. Channel restrictions have been removed so full 1..16 range is available and channel display works with all possible configurations.
Download location is the same as before.
Hint: To get full GM spectrum you need 2 instances. First you should reset both instances to GM, and then set the 2nd instance's channel configuaration to 9, 11..16.
Bye

Reply 348 of 741, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi, I have made a video about my Munt Vsti GM test.
https://youtu.be/wV8sF_K4iP0

Reply 349 of 741, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Falcosoft
What prevents the to make copies load two Munt setting up a 1-8 + 10 + 11-16?
What be with SYSex ?
This don't work.

Play with SAVIHost

I offer load two copies MT-32 VSTi
Configure firs copy as Channels 1-8,10
Configure two copyas Channels 9,11-16
And fix bug with no correct work sysex

Attachments

• Filename
    cnim-mt32.zip
    File size
    137.35 KiB
    Downloads
    113 downloads
    File comment
    Tes Melody
    File license
  • Filename
    munt-wdm.mp3
    File size
    2.91 MiB
    Downloads
    103 downloads
    File comment
    MUNT WDM
    File license
  • Filename
    munt-vst.mp3
    File size
    2.8 MiB
    Downloads
    105 downloads
    File comment
    This as MT-32 Channels 2-10 ROMS from MT-32
    File license
Last edited by Roland User on 2017-01-25, 20:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 350 of 741, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sorry, but I do not understand what your problem is. What is 'podgruzku' ? Anyway the midi file cnim-mt32 uses only channels 2-8, 10.
Mp3 files: I cannot reproduce the weird sound of munt-vst.mp3. Are you using a player/host that can send SysEx messages properly? Here is my result:
https://youtu.be/Ds0SCgBdDQs

Reply 351 of 741, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Ok.With Sysex problem closed, i use SAVIHost and LoopMIDI, sysex in this mode not work.
But auto pre-load two copies with double auto channels map possible ?

Your job as a plugin:
Loading MuntVsti.dll
Then loading one copy mt32emu4v.dll
and in configurator we can set channels settings.
If create so :
Loading MuntVsti.dll
Then loading first copy mt32emu4v.dll channel settings 1-8.10
Then loading first copy mt32emu4v.dll channel settings 9.11-16
And all. Problem not be.

Reply 352 of 741, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

But auto pre-load two copies with double auto channels map possible ?

Yes it is already possible. Loading and saving settings is a job of the VST host.
In case of SAVIHost you should create 2 different copies/directories of MuntVsti since SAVIHost always saves/load 1 fxb file for the same dll (If Autosave Plugin Bank is enabled).
Ps: To tell you the truth it's very hard for me to understand your english. So in order to avoid misunderstanding please make a video about your problems.

There is a new version uploaded that fixes SysEx handling with problematic hosts.

Reply 353 of 741, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Falcosoft
Yes , my english is bad sorry.
I want to say what need loading not two copies SAVIHost with auto preset in each.
Instead this i want to say what need loading one copy SAVIHost with one copies MuntVsti.dll , but two copies mt32emu4v.dll.
Wherein need auto configuration channels as first copy mt32emu4v.dll as channels 1-8,10 , and second copy mt32emu4v.dll as channels 9,11-16.
All this with load only one copy MuntVsti.dll in any VST Host.
This possible ?

Reply 354 of 741, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

one copies MuntVsti.dll , but two copies mt32emu4v.dll.

In Windows things do not work this way. One executable can always load one dll only once.

All this with load only one copy MuntVsti.dll in any VST Host.

As I said it is always the case. One host cannot load one dll many times.
There is only one loaded dll instance in the given program's address space.
But I think this is a too technical detail for you to care about.
The point is a host does not have to load MuntVsti.dll many times to have more than 1 instance of MuntVsti instrument with different settings to save/load. Try MuntVsti in Reaper/Cubase. You can have many instances with different settings saved/loaded.

Reply 355 of 741, by Roland User

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I understand , but i say that can load one vst file which will be loading two copies mt32emu4v.dll with two presets in one MuntVsti.dll
In this way we can load one MuntVsti.dll file and have sub-load two mt32emu4v.dll ) or no ? )

Reply 356 of 741, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

No, but it's a different issue. Currently in Munt only 1 Synth can be active.
You cannot create more than one (at least from the official C API). But you can do something like this:
https://youtu.be/0rhynlfN91o

@Edit: It seems to be possible to create multiple contexts, but currently it would require a whole rewrite of the plugin (and it would complicate things on the VST side very much).
So at this stage it's not on my priorities list.
PS: Have you tried kode54's solution? Maybe that's the simplest answer for your problems.

@Edit2:
Munt VSTi 1.0 is officially released:
http://falcosoft.hu/softwares.html#munt_vsti

The test file is no longer available.
Bye

Reply 358 of 741, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
MuntVsti 1.2 is released
http://falcosoft.hu/softwares.html#munt_vsti
1. Added Orchestra Drum set to GM Mode (can be reached by PC# 48 on channel 10). No special settings are required, midis can use it automatically in GM mode.
2. Added GM ON/OFF SysEx handling so you (or midi files) can switch GM Mode ON(/Off) by sending these simple SysEx messages.
3. Added displaying actual Midi mode to UI.
4. Fixed hanging sustained notes when playback is paused.
5. New version of mt32emu4v.dll (2.0.2).

Any feedback is welcome (preferably in FSMP topic: Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi)
EDIT:
I have done some last minute changes, please redownload.

Reply 359 of 741, by MAN-biker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, guys.
Sorry for my broken English, but i have a question/trouble:
why sometimes (in some games) i getting "hanged/stuck notes" (i don't know correct term). Using "MIDI Panic" button or MUTE OFF/ON every time is the only solution to stop this noise.
It's frequently appears, for example, in "Leisure Suit Larry 6" game if you skip by click intro music or when you change location (when music changes too).
I thought it "normal", because it appears not only when i use loopMIDI+SaviHost(or VSTHost too)+SCVA, but even other synths, eveh hardware (as i remember).
But today i try to use loopMIDI+FSMP+SCVA and there's NO any "hanged/stuck notes" at all !!!
What a trick does Falcosoft MIDI Player???
Is it possible to avoid this "bug" in SaviHost/VSTHost?

PS: i use DOSBox SVN to play games, but i think, it's not a point, although all works fine in SCUMMVM.

Games' collection 1983-2017. Nickname MAN-biker is registered!
Black Sect Remake (AGS) - Russian version
Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos [CD] - Russian version
Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans - Full walkthrough