VOGONS

My Wavetable Sample Thread

Topic actions

Reply 180 of 182, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've made some recordings of the optional wavetable ROM on the Cardinal DSP16 / MPC700plus, using the same track selections as boxpressed. They're embedded so you'll probably have to click through to play them:

Pierre32 wrote on 2021-02-06, 10:48:
In the tradition of the boxpressed benchmark, here are some recordings of the downright powerful wavetable ROM on the DSP16. You […]
Show full quote

In the tradition of the boxpressed benchmark, here are some recordings of the downright powerful wavetable ROM on the DSP16. You might be tempted to call this the worst wavetable MIDI you've ever heard. You might wonder if it was marketed with the slogan "I can't believe it's not FM." Me, I like it. It's not going to replace my Roland modules for any serious use, but I like the lane it's in, and down the track I think this card will inspire its own weird DOS build with weird things in it.

Descent descent.mp3
Duke3D duke.mp3
Tyrian tyrian.mp3
Doom doom.mp3

Reply 181 of 182, by s.mouse

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
boxpressed wrote on 2017-01-07, 01:01:

Added the Procomp Pro-Multimedia Rev 4.0. This card represents Samsung's entry into wavetable synthesis with the SEC KS0164 synth and the the KS0174-1M01 patchset. It plays the hell out of StarCraft.

Also, my OCD mission of replacing the noisy samples with less-noisy samples is now complete.

I thought starcraft streams audio from the cd, how do you make starcraft use the wavetable? I cant find any option to change sound to general midi