VOGONS

Reply 40 of 52, by m5215tx

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
K.A.R.R. wrote:

here are the songs with latest sound canvas va 1.1.1

You are running a significantly older version of Sound Canvas VA. If I am not mistaken the last version that was released before Roland went to a cloud based Sound Canvas VA is 1.3.0 which is what I am running myself. I believe there are a number of bug fixes and improvements since 1.1.

Roland MT-32 (old), CM-32LN, SC-55, SC-88VL, MT-120, SD-35, SD-20, SD-80, SD-90
Yamaha TG100, TG300, MDF2, MU15, MU100, MU2000EX + PLG150-DR + PLG150-PF + PLG150-VL
KORG NS5R, X5DR
AKAI SG01k
KAWAI GMega
KETRON SD2

Reply 41 of 52, by K.A.R.R.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
m5215tx wrote:
K.A.R.R. wrote:

here are the songs with latest sound canvas va 1.1.1

You are running a significantly older version of Sound Canvas VA. If I am not mistaken the last version that was released before Roland went to a cloud based Sound Canvas VA is 1.3.0 which is what I am running myself. I believe there are a number of bug fixes and improvements since 1.1.

are you sure with 1.3.0 ?
i am using the cloud version and it should be the latest 😢

could you take a look at your version number pls

https://picload.org/view/ddogdpaw/sc.jpg.html

my exact version is 1.11 S (build 1110 ) 64 bit

Reply 42 of 52, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There is no such version of SC-VA as 1.3.0 so far. It's rather 1.0.3. The version of the 'offline' downloadable trial you can get from Roland is still 1.0.3.
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/zip/sc … a_win_trial.zip
In the meantime Roland has updated the cloud version so K.A.R.R 's version is newer than the offline one. You can find non-official offline versions like 1.0.6/1.0.7 on the net but they are 'modified' versions...

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper

Reply 43 of 52, by K.A.R.R.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Falcosoft wrote:

You can find non-official offline versions like 1.0.6/1.0.7 on the net but they are 'modified' versions...

and with a roland cloud emulator you can run the sound canvas va offline without using roland cloud....
but i guess this is the wrong place to discuss it 😎

Reply 44 of 52, by m5215tx

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Sorry my mistake K.A.R.R. As it has already been noted, I misread the version number I was running! 🤣

Roland MT-32 (old), CM-32LN, SC-55, SC-88VL, MT-120, SD-35, SD-20, SD-80, SD-90
Yamaha TG100, TG300, MDF2, MU15, MU100, MU2000EX + PLG150-DR + PLG150-PF + PLG150-VL
KORG NS5R, X5DR
AKAI SG01k
KAWAI GMega
KETRON SD2

Reply 45 of 52, by K.A.R.R.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

np 😀

seems roland doesn't release a changelog
so nobody knows what they changed.
(may be i'll ask roland if they have a complete changelog for all versions)

i only found a posting on the net with changelogs from 1.02 and 1.05
somebody said he got them from japan:

Ver.1.02
– Fixed the bug of not able to save the sound when in a DAW.
– Fixed the bug of not able to playback with correct sound map with certain data.

Ver.1.05
– Fixed the bug of some EFX going abnormal.
– Fixed the bug of System Effect “Delay”.
– Fixed the bug of EFX screen value displaying.
– Fixed the bug of GM/GM2 mode screen displaying and also the behavior
– Fixed the bug of Drum2 Part setting.
– Fixed the bug of display going scrambled on some DAWs.
– Fixed other minor bugs.

Reply 46 of 52, by K.A.R.R.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

before i used roland sc va i used native instruments bandstand and papelmedia soundfont
i no longer own ni bandstand
but i still have the papelmedia soundfont
they sold sf 2007, sf 2008 and later sf final 10 years ago
(each for 20-30 € i can't remember exactly)
papelmedia no longer exist.

here the doom songs with papelmedia final xxl soundfont (xxl was the larger (1,3 gb) uncompressed soundfont)

doom 1 map 1
http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/DbFXDo1C/file.html

doom 2 map 1
http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/y2m6UDxA/file.html

Reply 48 of 52, by SpeedySPCFan

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've been really enjoying the Korg Trinity lately. Takes some effort to setup but once you do, the GM patch set is fantastic!

Musician & music gear/game reviewer.

MIDI hardware: JD-990, SC-55, SC-880, SD-90, VL70-m, Motif ES, Trinity, TS-10, Proteus 2000, XK-6, E6400U

Reply 49 of 52, by Meowdori

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Recently I grew very attached to the sound of Yamaha's XG-compatible modules (the whole MUxx line). Unfortunately I don't own any physical synths right now, but S-YXG50 fills the gap very successfully.

Reply 51 of 52, by ElBrunzy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

currently on my studio I enjoy to listen to midi music using gravis gf1, awe32, dreamblaster, mu128+drum_plg, sblive. On the basement I enjoy mt32, ews64xl, mu1000, guspnp, bass station.

I guess if I had to bring limited stuff on an island it would be the guspnp, awe32+dreamblaster, mu1000+plg and the warcraft 2, dune 2 and arkania midi soundtrack.

Reply 52 of 52, by daikatana_

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Meowdori wrote on 2020-06-26, 04:22:

Recently I grew very attached to the sound of Yamaha's XG-compatible modules (the whole MUxx line). Unfortunately I don't own any physical synths right now, but S-YXG50 fills the gap very successfully.

I must agree, Yamaha's MU line is absolutely astonishing. Recently, I've done little review on SW1000XG, which is my favourite card since.............ever. https://youtu.be/eOOwKA2T3SQ

Game MIDI soundtracks

Retro games and HW reviews