VOGONS

Update SC-55 ROM

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by Dusko

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Absolutely!. I'm always trying to find the best upgrades I can use on any device, it's my nature, and I have the tools for it, but yes! I'm still happy to have one of the earliest versions!
Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/@myoldpc9458

Reply 21 of 24, by lausvi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote on 2018-04-04, 16:54:

IIRC you need a 256kbytes rom so a 27C020 and variants will work fine

Thanks for this, and other pieces of information on this thread!

I just updated my SC55 MkI from 1.20 to 1.21 ROM (using a 27C020). I am not expecting to ever notice the fixes, but I thought why not go all the way and do the upgrade 😁

Reply 22 of 24, by TelamonLivesOn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've had issues with my SC-55 mk2 when trying to play Blood. The issue is, almost none of the songs play correctly (almost all instruments are wrong, notes won't play, etc.). I just discovered that my SC-55 mk2 ROM version is 1.00. Funny thing is, the setup music works just fine and other games work great. Setting the music to General MIDI or Sound Canvas doesn't change anything either.

Reply 24 of 24, by Ripthron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
TelamonLivesOn wrote on 2021-02-02, 17:07:

I've had issues with my SC-55 mk2 when trying to play Blood. The issue is, almost none of the songs play correctly (almost all instruments are wrong, notes won't play, etc.). I just discovered that my SC-55 mk2 ROM version is 1.00. Funny thing is, the setup music works just fine and other games work great. Setting the music to General MIDI or Sound Canvas doesn't change anything either.

This is a bug in the game, check this thread: Blood and hardware Roland Midi problem