Reply 760 of 929, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,

Here is Mod Master XT b27

22/08/2021 Beta 27
- Added BlasterBoard 2.1+ Signed output support. (A Little faster)
- AMD InterWave (GUS PnP) now working and GUS Code simplified.
- TNDLPT Tested.
- OPL3LPT Support added and Tested. (Does not work with SAT/S3M yet)
- CMS and CMSLPT Support added. (For VGM)
- Button added to enable the GUS Line in but not implemented yet.
- Display the Sound Blaster name in the main page.
- Display the LPT2 and Tandy DAC port in the Output menu if available.
- Save the Custom DAC port in the Config File.
- Does not reinit the Text Mode each time a module is played (This can affect some CRT Monitors)
- Corrected a problem in the Vib Volume Slide effect (World of Plastic S3M)
- Various small correction

Attachments

• Filename
    MODMXT27.zip
    File size
    210.75 KiB
    Downloads
    260 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 762 of 929, by MJay99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
FreddyV wrote on 2021-08-22, 13:23:

Here is Mod Master XT b27

That's awesome! Thank you a LOT for the Line-In activation switch on the GUS and also the Interwave support! This finally allowed me to pass the SB through the GUS and play Adlib (RAD) tracks through SB and everything else through the GUS without even changing the active Soundcard - perfect!

Reply 763 of 929, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MJay99 wrote on 2021-08-22, 14:44:

That's awesome! Thank you a LOT for the Line-In activation switch on the GUS and also the Interwave support! This finally allowed me to pass the SB through the GUS and play Adlib (RAD) tracks through SB and everything else through the GUS without even changing the active Soundcard - perfect!

It is working ?
I did not test.

Reply 764 of 929, by MJay99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
FreddyV wrote on 2021-08-22, 16:20:

It is working ?

Indeed, it is! I love it. Already tried World of Plastic and some other tracks on the Interwave also - they really seem to be fixed now, too. Awesome!

Reply 767 of 929, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,

Tonight, something special.

I share the source code of Mod Master 1.0

In 1993, I discovered Tetra player, then Mod Play Pro playing on a 286 in my school.
It motivated me to write the first version of Mod Master.
I did it in Summer 1993, Entirely on an Amstrad PC1512

At that time, there was no internet and I found no Written spec for the .MOD Format

To be able to play the sound, I decompiled the sound output from Mod Play Pro.
To have the .MOD file format I had a written doc of the effects.
This doc was written on a Paper and given to me by an Atari ST demomaker 😀

So, if you go back to 1993, knowing that I was a kid lost far from any city, I think it was quite nice 😀

Part of this original code is still present in Mod Master XT.

Attachments

Reply 768 of 929, by Benedikt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
FreddyV wrote on 2021-09-10, 20:32:

Tonight, something special.

I share the source code of Mod Master 1.0

Nice!
Which assembler dialect is this? TASM? If so: Which version?

Reply 769 of 929, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Benedikt wrote on 2021-09-14, 17:04:

Nice!
Which assembler dialect is this? TASM? If so: Which version?

TASM, I don't remember the version but It compile fine with TASM 2 (The version I still use)
I don't need an advanced assembler, it is Old code 😀

Reply 770 of 929, by ntalaec

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for your player. I recently have discovered it.

The 2.20 XT version seems to work fine in real hardware with a Sound Blaster 16, but it lacks some features present in original 2.20 and in 2.30 versions.
In the last two versions, I'm not able to have stereo sound in Sound Blaster Pro mode using a Sound Blaster 16 (CT2950) and with 2.30 I only got a few seconds of a very distorted sound in Sound Blaster 16 mode. This also happens in DOSBox.

The original 2.20 never had SB16 support? The SB16 mode for the 2.30 is unfinished or incomplete?

Reply 771 of 929, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ntalaec wrote on 2021-09-22, 20:19:
Thanks for your player. I recently have discovered it. […]
Show full quote

The 2.20 XT version seems to work fine in real hardware with a Sound Blaster 16, but it lacks some features present in original 2.20 and in 2.30 versions.
In the last two versions, I'm not able to have stereo sound in Sound Blaster Pro mode using a Sound Blaster 16 (CT2950) and with 2.30 I only got a few seconds of a very distorted sound in Sound Blaster 16 mode. This also happens in DOSBox.

The original 2.20 never had SB16 support? The SB16 mode for the 2.30 is unfinished or incomplete?

The SoundBlaster 16 is NOT compatible with SoundBlaster Pro, if I remember correctly. So you won't get any useful output that way.

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 772 of 929, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ntalaec wrote on 2021-09-22, 20:19:
Thanks for your player. I recently have discovered it. […]
Show full quote

Do you mean Mod Master 2.2 and 2.3 ?
I don't remember if they support SB16, I think not.

I took Mod Master 2.2 and improved it to do MOD Master XT.
Mod Master XT is now far better than 2.2 and 2.3 (Except for the display of course)

Reply 773 of 929, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,

I worked a little on the Sound System code version.
You may not know but I did extract all the audio code from Mod Master to use the audio code in other application.

I still need time and motivation to work on the release 1.0 😜

I also started a code to compress the CMS and Tandy .VGM files because when we export music in VGM format with DOSBOX, the files are too big....

Here are the news 😀

Reply 775 of 929, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
OPLx wrote on 2021-09-28, 14:33:

@FreddyV, there might be some useful tools at vgmtools that can reduce any redundant data generated.

Hi,

These tool source code seems to be obsolete VC++ 6 and there is no compiled version.

I have no idea if it work, there are really few tools around the .vgm file format....

Reply 776 of 929, by OPLx

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
FreddyV wrote on 2021-09-29, 11:33:

Hi,

These tool source code seems to be obsolete VC++ 6 and there is no compiled version.

I have no idea if it work, there are really few tools around the .vgm file format....

I haven't tried to compile them myself, but you can still open the old Visual Studio 6 files with the more recent version of Visual Studio. There's also a CMakeLists.txt file that would allow generating the appropriate Visual Studio project files.

Reply 778 of 929, by OPLx

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
FreddyV wrote on 2021-09-29, 12:24:

I never used visual studio 😀
If I can compile an .EXE to provide with mod master it will be better I suppose 😀

Understood! Let me see what I can do; I'll PM you.

Reply 779 of 929, by FreddyV

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,

A News to say no news.

I received no bug report so far, this version seems to be stable.
Also, take into account that the interwave code detect only up to 1Mb (I did not change the code)

And it seems that the Panning code is not excellent, it surely need tuning.