AWE64 Legacy

Topic actions

Reply 221 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
InjecTioN wrote on 2020-01-15, 13:37:

@hard1k, do you guys have something like a git repository and project or anything similar to maintain version history, documentation, progress, collaborated development, files and other important stuff to eventually let collaborators help squashing bugs and eventually to help adding other really nice features? For instance, in your first post you've mentioned that you need help with the CMOS and a few features have not been implemented due to higher complexity, which could possibly be solved/implemented by willing members of the Vogons forum (and others).

Might I also add that I think this is a really an AWEsome initiative! Thanks for at least sharing your results and eventually producing some cards! 😁

Hi, thanks for your comment. At the moment we are not planning to open the project sources and repository to general public. It is not an open-source hardware of any sort, but quite on the opposite. If we ever change our mind, the announcement will be made in this thread.

bristlehog wrote on 2020-01-18, 13:22:

Count me in.

With pleasure!

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 223 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

We hope to give you an update till the end of the month. When we do, the next steps will be described. Stay tuned 😀

AWE64 Legacy

Reply 231 of 782, by mastergamma12

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Last edited by mastergamma12 on 2020-02-01, 14:32. Edited 1 time in total.

NNH9pIh.png

The Tuala-Bus (My 9x/Dos Rig) (Pentium III-S 1.4ghz, AWE64G+Audigy 2 ZS, Voodoo5 5500, Chieftec Dragon Rambus)

The Final Lan Party (My Windows Xp/7 rig) (Core i7 980x, GTX 480,DFI Lanparty UT X58-T3eH8,)
Re: Post your 'current' PC

Reply 238 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Guys, we'd like to thank all of you for your interest, but let me once again stress that pre-orders are not available at the moment. Exact pricing has not been defined yet as we still haven't calculated our costs.
I've been promising you an update for quite some time already, and while I'm not yet ready for a major one, I'll still tell you where we are currently.
We've catched a handful of minor bugs in our semi-final design (the prototype 2, I've demonstrated you some pics recently), patched them and now the testing board is with one of independent testers. Once he confirms it as fully working as intended, we'll announce the production run of 50 boards. This is the official thread of the project, so the announcement will be made here. We expect it to happen within a week or two. Meanwhile we've already ordered almost all necessary parts to assemble some ~25 boards, so the rest will be available as blank PCBs for the reduced price for your sourcing and soldering pleasure 😁 But keep in mind that it's not a simple board to build.
We also have some 20+ donor CT4520's, so at the moment the option of sending us your donor cards is out of our plans - we seem to have enough boards for the intended assembled quantity (~25), and yet another inbound logistics would make the process even more complicated (unnecessarily).
Although we're considering different pricing options, and some of them may include some limited promos. Stay tuned 😀

AWE64 Legacy

Reply 239 of 782, by brownk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
hard1k wrote on 2020-01-30, 11:45:

Once he confirms it as fully working as intended, we'll announce the production run of 50 boards.

Btw, did you have a chance to measure signal-to-noise ratio, distortion+noise, etc?

I'm more than sure this project would produce an awesome output with all the hardworking and audio-grade components.

Nonetheless, such measurements could boost more confidence. 😀