AWE64 Legacy

Topic actions

Reply 380 of 782, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
hard1k wrote on 2020-07-09, 12:22:

Keeping fingers crossed that one day Somali pirates release our card from hostages and it'll go back on track...

😁

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 382 of 782, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Nitroraptor53 wrote on 2020-07-13, 07:15:

I don't think I've been on this thread for a few months. What's this about Somali pirates?!?!

Just moaning about how long the test card has been in the post, we guessed pirates because the card had to go by sea! 🤣

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread

Reply 383 of 782, by Velociraptor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
hard1k wrote on 2019-08-12, 15:32:

Exactly. Moreover, we don't expect to build more than 30 cards given their very high overall cost, so it will be a very niche product for those who just think that a regular AWE64 is simply not enough.

I'm not sure what the final cost will be, but if it's OPL3, soundblaster digital and HardMPU then it would have to be very expensive to only have 30 people wanting one.

Reply 385 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

We're trying to keep it under $100 for a bare naked PCB. No kits, just the PCB.

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 386 of 782, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I just wanted to drop back in and say that I want one, regardless of cost. I need it for my situation, in order to have a card that simply works with everything. My AWE32 dying and needing replaced with an inferior one has been terrible.

Reply 387 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just a bit of patience, guys 😀
Right after we crossed our fingers for the pirates, they've released the card and it tracked as shipped on June 11. Once it arrives and we finish the tests, we'll order the production boards.

AWE64 Legacy

Reply 388 of 782, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
hard1k wrote on 2020-07-13, 17:36:

Just a bit of patience, guys 😀
Right after we crossed our fingers for the pirates, they've released the card and it tracked as shipped on June 11. Once it arrives and we finish the tests, we'll order the production boards.

Sounds great! I am just worried that the will be bought up before I can get one. I have reserved some cash in order to buy one.

Reply 390 of 782, by Nitroraptor53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SquallStrife wrote on 2020-07-13, 07:59:
Nitroraptor53 wrote on 2020-07-13, 07:15:

I don't think I've been on this thread for a few months. What's this about Somali pirates?!?!

Just moaning about how long the test card has been in the post, we guessed pirates because the card had to go by sea! 🤣

Lol!

Reply 392 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

We'll provide 2 options:
a. Fully assembled and tested board
b. Loose PCB without any other parts at all, for your procuring and soldering pleasure 😀

AWE64 Legacy

Reply 393 of 782, by Velociraptor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What's with all the raptors? Utahraptor, Nitroraptor and myself? (I'm a Jurassic Park Velociraptor, not a fossil record accurate one)

Do you expect it to be easier for us to obtain a PCB version or an assembled one? I have bought a donor card already in anticipation. I'm, like many other people it seems, super keen to get one!

Reply 394 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

We don't have any plans for mail-in rebates of CT4520s, however, if we run out of assembled cards due to lack of our own donor cards, and the demand for blank PCBs is lower than estimated, we'll reconsider this. Just a bit of more patience, please 😀

AWE64 Legacy

Reply 395 of 782, by RichB93

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Very much interested in this as AWE 64 gold prices are getting stupid so I'm better off getting a newer better card. Watched the video and I have to say, the board is beautiful. Looking forward to this!

Reply 397 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, it will.

AWE64 Legacy

Reply 399 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Not yet. Stay tuned.

AWE64 Legacy