VOGONS

New sound card project: AWE64 Legacy

Topic actions

Reply 620 of 624, by pietja

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just received the bare PCB and bracket in the mail and they look amazing.
I'm still waiting on a couple of parts to arrive and then the soldering fun can start.

Reply 621 of 624, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
hard1k wrote on 2021-04-30, 21:32:

Exactly, that was the logic behind our pricing. Bare PCB prices include their part of R&D costs, and the assembled board is the bare PCB price plus the cost of parts plus CT4520 plus the work of a contracted assembler plus a small margin (as an incentive for you guys to buy bare PCBs and assemble them yourselves). Keep in mind that PCBs aren't that cheap, we're talking about a rather large 6-layer PCB, and we couldn't make a big order due to customs limitations (we're not a business after all). So, to sum up, what you are getting in both options is very close to the costs and return on initial investment.

I wish that I had the skills to assemble such things. However, buying an assembled board will be worth it!

Reply 622 of 624, by DivideByZer0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DivideByZer0 wrote on 2021-04-18, 06:16:

Hi, since I cant use messages yet, I was interested in ordering the bare PCB* only with metal bracket, RC1 revision with a minor bug that's been fixed, as long as they will work the same as the release version. I would order 2 of them if possible....

Please check your PM. I need to know your location.

Hi, sorry, it appears I cannot use PMs yet. You can e-mail me at my junk mail address, poprocksncoke at gmail, and I can respond to you from there! Sorry about that, still interested if they're available.

Reply 623 of 624, by mattrock1988

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi @hard1k,

It appears I may have issues with PMs myself. Feel free to put me down for two AWE64 Legacy sound cards once the preassembled units go live.

Retro PC: Intel Pentium III @ 1 GHz, Intel SE440BX-2, 32 GB IDE DOM, 384 MB SDRAM, DVD-ROM, 1.44 MB floppy, Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600 AGP, Creative SoundBlaster AWE64 Gold, Aureal Vortex 2, DreamBlaster S2

Reply 624 of 624, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi, we haven't announced any preorders for the assembled cards yet. Please subscribe to the updates of this thread and be sure to check manually once in a while, as sometimes the forum engine can stop sending notifications.

New sound card project: AWE64 Legacy
Fortex: Vortex2+YMF744
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)