VOGONS

First post, by DaCiRO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone knows how to set the Aureal Vortex2 to work under dos?.
I already have in installed in Win98 with the SB Pro drivers for DOS, but not the MSDOS drives. From PHILSCOMPUTERLAB I see that he has a set of drivers that contain the MSDOS driver set but these come packaged with the full drivers for Win, SB-Dos and MSDOS.

I tried to simply update the drivers from the HW manager in Win98 but it won’t let me, each and every time it tells me that “Windows is already using the most appropriate drivers”.... so can’t proceed.

I do not want to remove cars as PCI device and install it from scratch because I have finally managed to have it not conflict with the SB Live that I have in the same system. If I remove the Vortex as a Device the system will start re-assigning IRQs witch will conflict with the SB-Dos drives of both cars (..please no one ask why I have two cards and why it’s or not a good idea,... this is the set up I want)

I am looking for a ‘shortcut’ to install the MSDOS DRIVERS for the vortex by dropping files here and there and making updates to Autoexec... anyone knows a way to do this

Reply 1 of 3, by foil_fresh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i recently got one and the initial installer needed to be run twice to get the dos envronment stuff installed. dont ask why. i used the set from phil's computer lab too. Diamond Monster MX300.

I'll post my config sys/autoexec for you later when i'm home and can tell you which files it calls for.

Reply 3 of 3, by ZanQuance

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

All it takes is SET WINBOOTDIR=C:\WINDOWS to the location of your AU30DOS.com file

You can load it and ignore the AU30DOS.ini file requirements by using:
AU30DOS -u /PORT=220 /DMA=1 /IRQ=5
the -u is for uninstalling the driver allowing you to call it via a batch file and toggling it loaded and unloaded with ease, if not yet loaded it ignores the -u flag.

Use Vortex2 without Windows?
Aureal Vortex 2 / TB Santa Cruz aka Videologic Sonic Fury unter DOS