VOGONS

Reply 520 of 526, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ah so you somehow got a X2 with the default dream Soundbank, sorry about that it must have gotten mixed with the updated ones 🙁
About midi/digital balance it should not have been an issue at all - you also flashed the smaller DXP file as well, right? It's the mixer setup for the X2

🎵 PCMIDI mpu site buy+info
🎧 WIP Orpheus soundcard site
💻 WTB Amstrad PC7486SLC-33 system

Reply 521 of 526, by Tense

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
keropi wrote on 2021-02-11, 06:38:

Ah so you somehow got a X2 with the default dream Soundbank, sorry about that it must have gotten mixed with the updated ones 🙁
About midi/digital balance it should not have been an issue at all - you also flashed the smaller DXP file as well, right? It's the mixer setup for the X2

Which one?

I installed PhilsComputerLab Preset for X3MB Buran.DXP first and then installed GUD_104.DXP after.

On a side note do you plan on having a mixer TSR or anything at any point? Something like this:

Fsri92M.jpg

Would be super helpful than trying to deal with the ini. Should I post it in the Orphinit post instead? 😁

Reply 522 of 526, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

PhilsComputerLab Preset for X3MB Buran.DXP is the one to have flashed
no tsr mixers are planned (tbh I thought everybody hated them like I do 🤣 ) really it is weird you are having these issues... are you sure you are setting volumes correctly in the .INI ? some go backwards - meaning larger number is lower volume

🎵 PCMIDI mpu site buy+info
🎧 WIP Orpheus soundcard site
💻 WTB Amstrad PC7486SLC-33 system

Reply 523 of 526, by Tense

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, keropi, I am going to mess around some more with the mixer now that I flashed phil's on there last night

. And yes I hate TSRs but it might be helpful to have the ability so you can zero in your mix, save it and then never run it again... unless you need to make adjustments again.

Reply 524 of 526, by DNSDies

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So, I've been fooling around with the Crystal Windows 9x drivers in Ghidra, and found some interesting references in the decompiled code.
I wish I knew more about driver programming or x86 assembly, but this kinda looks like the CS4232 can support ADPCM, or at least has a reference to it in drivers:

ghidra.png
Filename
ghidra.png
File size
83.33 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 525 of 526, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DNSDies wrote on 2021-02-18, 22:18:

So, I've been fooling around with the Crystal Windows 9x drivers in Ghidra, and found some interesting references in the decompiled code.
I wish I knew more about driver programming or x86 assembly, but this kinda looks like the CS4232 can support ADPCM, or at least has a reference to it in drivers:
ghidra.png

let me know if you get his working on windows 2k/xp while playing with the drivers

🖥Fastest socket 7 build on a 430tx chipset
🖥Dual socket 7 build

Reply 526 of 526, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

That ADPCM is probably just WSS ADPCM that all WSS codecs support in addition to couple raw PCM formats.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜