VOGONS

First post, by Televicious

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a libretto 100ct with usb pcmcia to use external midi like sc-88 and mt-100. I've been searhing for a way to use the uno USB midi output for DOS games like a virtual driver or VDMsound type of thing. The only other ways I could think to use DOS midi with this would be to use the docking station and make a serial to midi cable or track down a super expensive pcmcia midi out card, but even that I doubt would have DOS functionality. Any help if someone knows a way to do midi out through win 98 of DOS let me know. Thanks.

Reply 1 of 3, by Kamerat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

VDMSound for Windows 9X supports emulation of MPU-401. The SC-88 should support serial MIDI so no need for an MIDI interface just an appropriate passive cable. SoftMPU supports MIDI on serial under MS-DOS and in Windows you can use the Roland driver (still need VDMSound).

DOS Sound Blaster compatibility: PCI sound cards vs. PCI chipsets
YouTube channel

Reply 2 of 3, by Televicious

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Kamerat wrote on 2020-01-23, 04:50:

VDMSound for Windows 9X supports emulation of MPU-401. The SC-88 should support serial MIDI so no need for an MIDI interface just an appropriate passive cable. SoftMPU supports MIDI on serial under MS-DOS and in Windows you can use the Roland driver (still need VDMSound).

So does vdmsound 9x include universal serial bus devices? The only output I have from this is pcmcia usb so i have to use this interface. I know vdm from using it with XP, but never tried a 9x version for midi. Will look it up more. Thanks.

Reply 3 of 3, by Kamerat

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Televicious wrote on 2020-02-01, 04:13:

So does vdmsound 9x include universal serial bus devices? The only output I have from this is pcmcia usb so i have to use this interface. I know vdm from using it with XP, but never tried a 9x version for midi. Will look it up more. Thanks.

Should work with any output device listed in the Windows MIDI mapper.

DOS Sound Blaster compatibility: PCI sound cards vs. PCI chipsets
YouTube channel