VOGONS

First post, by keenerb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks. I have bits and pieces of projects scattered across several forums, I'm not sure if there's a current/active one currently.

Reply 1 of 2, by matze79

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

How you define Tandy 1000 Soundcard ? with DAC? or only PSG ?

I`m working together with dreamblaster, and i`m sure you can buy a working product these year at least with PSG.
Also a LPT Plug is in the works, so you can use your LPT Port for 3 Voice Sound.
A Friend at dosreloaded.de is activly developing a TSR to get a good compatiblity with Tandy Software at other IO Ports then 0C0 and 1E0h.
At least one cavecat.. without a working Video Emulator or Tandy Videocard not all Software can be used.

So far..

there is FM Monster and TNDY 3-Voice Card, the only two i`m know about.
James Pearce Board the Lo-Tech Tandy Sound Compatible Board lacks some Features.
There is a russian Clone of it too.

https://www.retrokits.de - blog, retro projects, hdd clicker, diy soundcards etc
https://www.retroianer.de - german retro computer board

Reply 2 of 2, by keenerb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
matze79 wrote on 2020-01-28, 20:01:
How you define Tandy 1000 Soundcard ? with DAC? or only PSG ? […]
Show full quote

How you define Tandy 1000 Soundcard ? with DAC? or only PSG ?

I`m working together with dreamblaster, and i`m sure you can buy a working product these year at least with PSG.
Also a LPT Plug is in the works, so you can use your LPT Port for 3 Voice Sound.
A Friend at dosreloaded.de is activly developing a TSR to get a good compatiblity with Tandy Software at other IO Ports then 0C0 and 1E0h.
At least one cavecat.. without a working Video Emulator or Tandy Videocard not all Software can be used.

So far..

there is FM Monster and TNDY 3-Voice Card, the only two i`m know about.
James Pearce Board the Lo-Tech Tandy Sound Compatible Board lacks some Features.
There is a russian Clone of it too.

I'm interested in PSG primarily. I built probably the very first James Pearce board a few years back, I'm aware of the limitations there.

Thanks for the pointers!