VOGONS

Reply 240 of 631, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Any plans to support the Terratec EWS 64 cards? The S uses a AD1816 and the L and XL use a Crystal 4236. All of them have the Dream SAM9407. I think Unisound should already activate the card, but minus the 9407 synth.

Reply 242 of 631, by JazeFox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
carlostex wrote on 2020-09-27, 18:42:

Any plans to support the Terratec EWS 64 cards? The S uses a AD1816 and the L and XL use a Crystal 4236. All of them have the Dream SAM9407. I think Unisound should already activate the card, but minus the 9407 synth.

Yes, It's planned for a future release, no ETA though. If you have those cards and want to help with testing process, I'll contact you by PM in a few days/weeks.

Marmes wrote on 2020-09-27, 19:39:

Hello!
I have a CMI8330 and I want to set IRQ and DMA in WSS in AUTOEXEC.BAT , is this possible?

For CMI8330 cards, WSS IRQ can be set using the (undocumented for now) Qx parameter in BLASTER variable. Example: Q7 will use IRQ 7 for WSS. For these cards WSS DMA is fixed to '0' for now. This is WIP, so full user-configurable option for this will be added to a future version.

Reply 243 of 631, by Dosenware

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

thanks for this Tool.

Is it possible to activate the Sony CD-Rom Interface on a CT2670V3?
CTCU/CTCM/Intel ICU/Diagnose.exe did not work for me and UNISOUNDs Readme only mentions IDE...

/Greetings, Dose

PS. Sorry, English isn't my native Language 😉

Reply 244 of 631, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
JazeFox wrote on 2020-09-27, 21:19:

Yes, It's planned for a future release, no ETA though. If you have those cards and want to help with testing process, I'll contact you by PM in a few days/weeks.

Ironically i sold my EWS64XL a day after i made my post. Still i think there are enough EWS64XL users around to test. Only Terratec card i have left is a Maestro 32/96.

Reply 245 of 631, by JazeFox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dosenware wrote on 2020-10-02, 18:00:

Is it possible to activate the Sony CD-Rom Interface on a CT2670V3?
CTCU/CTCM/Intel ICU/Diagnose.exe did not work for me and UNISOUNDs Readme only mentions IDE...

Hmmm... AFAIK, CT2670v1 have jumpers to activate Sony/Panasonic/Mitsumi interfaces, but CT2670v3 doesn't... Is it not working directly with sony driver in config.sys? I can't try on my CT2670v3 because I don't have a Sony CD-ROM (I have a Panasonic, though...)

Reply 246 of 631, by Dosenware

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No, some AWE Drivers include the SCLD.SYS and install it at Port Base+10h, but it doesnt work. 😒

At the Moment I am trying to write different Numbers to Port Base+13h (http://www.maz-sound.com/archives/awe32p10.txt EDIT: http://archive.gamedev.net/archive/reference/ … article443.html) - it seem to do something with Port 350h.

Port 233h:=00
devload slcd.sys /B:350 /D:TEST /M:P /V /C
-> Drive not Found

Port 233h:=01 or 04,10,40,03,06,07,09,0B,0C?,0D
devload slcd.sys /B:350 /D:TEST /M:P /V /C
-> Crash

Reply 248 of 631, by Sukerbole

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A question about a Gravis PNP in a XT (8 bit slot).
According to the manual of Unisound this is not possible.
When I try it I indeed get the memory issue message.
Some people however mention that it is possible to use it on a XT.
Can someone maybe comment on this and if somebody has gotten it to work how : )

Reply 249 of 631, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello JazeFox, I have problems using unisound 0.75e with the Orpheus card on my 486DX2 build. Here's hopefully relevant info:

- unisound hangs when I launch it
- unisound /cl shows it partially detects the card but hangs there (screenshot at the end)
- I'm using SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 T4 and unisound with no parameters. Tried without the set blaster and same result.
- Tried with empty config.sys and autoexec.bat (with or without SET BLASTER first) and same result
- Same card, same unisound executable, same settings work fine in another machine
- On the problematic machine, if I switch the Orpheus with my ESS1868f (same ISA slot) unisound detects it fine with the exact same config

I'm at your disposal for any test or any question.
Hopefully there's something to understand and fix so we can make unisound even better 😀

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-13 at 12.29.53.jpeg
Filename
WhatsApp Image 2020-10-13 at 12.29.53.jpeg
File size
189.45 KiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Reply 250 of 631, by JazeFox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Boohyaka wrote on 2020-10-13, 10:41:
Hello JazeFox, I have problems using unisound 0.75e with the Orpheus card on my 486DX2 build. Here's hopefully relevant info: […]
Show full quote

Hello JazeFox, I have problems using unisound 0.75e with the Orpheus card on my 486DX2 build. Here's hopefully relevant info:

- unisound hangs when I launch it
- unisound /cl shows it partially detects the card but hangs there (screenshot at the end)
- I'm using SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 T4 and unisound with no parameters. Tried without the set blaster and same result.
- Tried with empty config.sys and autoexec.bat (with or without SET BLASTER first) and same result
- Same card, same unisound executable, same settings work fine in another machine
- On the problematic machine, if I switch the Orpheus with my ESS1868f (same ISA slot) unisound detects it fine with the exact same config

Hi!

Thank you for reporting this! I was working last days on some bugfixes for the Orpheus (mainly mixer ones), so let's check this out... Some questions:

- Any other card present in the system?
- Can you detail your full system specs/config? That may help...
- Try with UNISOUND /F and let me know if something changed
- Try with UNISOUND /XXF and let me know if something changed.

Thanks!

Reply 251 of 631, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for the quick answer!

I removed everything I could to exclude incompatibilities or conflicts, so right now the config is:

- Soyo SY-025K, 486dx2-66, 16MB RAM
- UMC 8672 I/O VLB card
- Cirrus Logic GD5426 VLB VGA card
- Orpheus, obviously 😀

UNISOUND /F: hangs the same
UNISOUND /XXF: hangs the same

Reply 252 of 631, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So after a lot of investigation and time from JazeFox (awesome lad!) I'm happy we were able to fix it! For some reason my motherboard and Orpheus combo is super picky with AT bus clock.
It started working when setting timing to CLKIN 1/6.

Huge thanks again for your time JazeFox 😀

Reply 253 of 631, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

good to see it got resolved
I am curious what was the ISA clock speed that caused issues? and what did you set it now?
is it 66/6=11mhz the new setting?

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 254 of 631, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My initial (stable) configuration was CLKIN 1/2. Then when I had the issues I went back to BIOS defaults thinking it would be most compatible, which sets AT bus clock to 7.159MHz, still didn't work.

Then JazeFox recommended I basically tried all timing settings and the bottom line is: 1/2 1/3 1/4 1/5 don't work, 1/6 1/8 1/10 do.

keropi wrote on 2020-10-15, 08:54:

is it 66/6=11mhz the new setting?

Yes!

Reply 255 of 631, by JazeFox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@Boohyaka
I'm glad it finally worked on your mobo 😀 Yes, sometimes there are motherboards with different default clock settings for the ISA bus, and some ISA cards don't like them. 99% of the times issue is solved just picking the corrrect value. As we talked by PM last 2 days when testing, I had problems in the past with some sound cards caused by those clock differences, so my suspicions were confirmed...

Well, enjoy your new Orpheus card! 😁

Reply 256 of 631, by Boohyaka

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes, well that was definitely new to me! The Orpheus was fine out of the box on 2 other motherboards I tested with default settings, and this Soyo has always been fine with all the sound cards I've thrown at it, and I've tried quite a lot...well, just glad it's fixed and learned something new, thank you one last time for the help, and of course for the ongoing work with unisound 😀

Reply 257 of 631, by MJay99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Would it be possible to support the Sound Blaster Live! - e.g. CT4870 in Unisound?
So far, it's the only card I tried that's not recognized. I've been relying on Unisound so much lately that I almost didn't expect that... which basically just means: it's such a great swiss-army knife tool already, thanks! 😁

Last edited by MJay99 on 2020-10-15, 09:56. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 259 of 631, by MJay99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
JazeFox wrote on 2020-10-15, 09:52:

Nope, the Live! is a PCI sound card. Unisound is a tool for ISA sound cards.

Sorry, and thanks for even bothering to reply - I should have taken more note of the 'ISA PnP Sound Card Driver' hint in the title 😀