VOGONS

6 or 8 channel audio mixer

Topic actions

Reply 41 of 51, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Frustrating search, isn't it? That Edirol you found is very nice, but it looks like there are only used options. The Maker Harts look slick but I'm not sure I'm sold on them. At this point there's a good chance I will just go with a couple of switch boxes, and stick with my Xenyx 502.

The Rolls MX28 might be good for you: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/rol … x28-mini-mix-vi

(Not so much for me as I'd just be spending money on one extra channel)

Reply 43 of 51, by ras2a

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, so I’ve just spent the last 45 mins searching for compact stereo line mixers that I ‘assume’ will fit the bill for my needs... here’s what I’ve found:

- IMG Stageline MMX-30
- Omnitronic LH-026
- RDL EZ-MX4L
- Rolls MX51s Minimix II (noticed that Goat also found this, above)
- Anleon MX200

Of those, would someone be kind enough to glance over them and tell me if they’re suitable for my needs, based on what I’ve posted so far?

I’m thinking of going for the Rolls, but am concerned about lack of UK plug for these offerings...

Thanks a lot guys and hopefully this little list helps others, too 😃

Reply 44 of 51, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well they all look like bona fide stereo mixers, so that much is good. Here's my nitpicking:

- IMG Stageline MMX-30: Looks great, except none of the listings I've looked at have photos of the rear panel. I would definitely want to see this before buying.
- Omnitronic LH-026: Can't find any issues here
- RDL EZ-MX4L: No master level control is a bummer
- Rolls MX51s Minimix II: No master level control, and the mic input would be superfluous to me personally
- Anleon MX200: Same as above (mic, no master)

The Omnitronic would win this little showndown for me. Or the Rolls MX28 I linked above, which has no mic input and does have a master level control.

Reply 45 of 51, by ras2a

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Great advice, thanks mate!

I’ll have a thorough look at all of them, but good to know that each or these will, essentially, serve my requirements!

Oh I should have added that I need RCA inputs on the mixer as I’ve ordered 3.5mm > dual RCA cables for outputting the audio from the 2 audio switch boxes into the mixer. So, I’d looked at the MX28, but had left it off the list due to this. I suppose I could just get some adapters, or send these cables back and get 3.5mm to dual TS... but the MX28 also seems to be the most expensive option so it would be good to save a few pennies if possible

Reply 46 of 51, by ras2a

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Looking like the Omnitronic is a sound choice with some favourable reviews around.

One thing I have noted, however, is that quite a few folk complain about audio leaking through on these compact mixers, even when the pots are all the way down; seems to be relatively common across various makes/models.

Because I’m using 6-channel audio switch boxes to ‘feed into’ the mixer, I’m figuring that I can simply flip over to the unused channels on either of the 2 switch boxes to effectively ‘mute’ sound coming into the mixer channels.

Reply 48 of 51, by ras2a

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Got the Omnitronic!!

Attachments