VOGONS

First post, by TomVDJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all,

For some testing purposes, I'm looking for two specific sound fonts.

First one is the Timbres Of Heaven GM_GS_XG_SFX V 3.1 Final !X.sf2 font. I know there is a more recent version, but I'm really looking for this exact one (V 3.1). I looked all over the interent, but all I can find is the most recent version of the Timbres Of Heaven font, and I really need V 3.1.

Second font I need is the ProteusGM font, as it was posted in this VOGONS thread: Re: ProteusGM (Creative Wave Blaster 1 inspired soundfont)

I'm looking for both the version with the bug (the first uploaded one) and the one that was fixed afterwards. I know have a file ProteusGM 1.1.sf2 wich is 7.002 KB, but I know there is a version out there of 7.007 KB. I don't know of the 7.007 is the bugged one or the fixed one? Anyway, I'm looking for both versions (so also the 7.007 KB one). Of someone knows which of both is the buggy, and which the fixed one, that would also be great.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Reply 1 of 8, by schlomoe99

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Not a direct link, but here is a way to contact Don Allen directly, if you have no success in your search for TOH v3.1:

https://donballen.tripod.com/id5.html

Reply 3 of 8, by Wanderer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
attached below are two versions of ProteusGM that were on my hard drive.

HTH

Attachments

• Filename
    ProteusGM 1.1.sfpack.zip
    File size
    4.31 MiB
    Downloads
    55 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    ProteusGM.zip
    File size
    4.6 MiB
    Downloads
    54 downloads
    File license

Reply 4 of 8, by TomVDJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks! I unpacked ProteusGM 1.1.sfpack.zip (put it in sf2 format) and that seems to be the same 7,002 KB version. The other one is 7,432 KB in sf2 format. So yet another version of this sound font:

Version 1 (marked as 1.1) = 7,002 KB
Version 2 (marked as 1.1) = 7,007 KB (still looking for this version)
Version 3 (file has no version nuber) = 7,432 KB

Reply 5 of 8, by Wanderer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
TomVDJ wrote on 2021-01-04, 17:21:

Version 3 (file has no version nuber) = 7,432 KB

This version is the initial upload with non-looped strings (check preset 48). There were also readme files with both soundfonts (attached), dated 2015-09-18 and 2015-09-19 respectively. The later file has an extra line about 1.1 update.

Attachments

• Filename
    Readme.zip
    File size
    2.58 KiB
    Downloads
    40 downloads
    File license

Reply 6 of 8, by TomVDJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Great! Thanks for the clarification!

Now I just wonder what the difference is between the 7,007 KB and 7,002 KB version? I don't have the 7,007 KB one, so I can not compare... If someone can upload the 7,007 KB one, that would be great.

Reply 7 of 8, by TomVDJ

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just noticed when I open the 7,002 KB soundfont in Polyphone Soundfont Editor, it tells you it's actually ProteusGM 1.2, not ProteusGM 1.1. So I guess the 7,002 KB file is the ACTUAL 1.1 version... Of someone has that one still available, that would be fantastic...

Also mailed Don Allen for the 3.1 version of the ToH soundfont, but no reaction so far... 🙁